Does Hello Spring Mica From NS Morph after Saponification?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please tell me it does, because I just made a confetti soap and when I added the colorant to the oils it looked good, but then when I added The lye it turned a nasty newborn baby poop greenish brownish yellow. I had also added a lilac fo from NG to the oils as I expected it to accelerate and just wanted to get the confetti stirred in quickly after I added the lye. This will be one ugly soap if it doesn’t morph back to the pretty green I expected. Oh...I also used aloe juice as water, but I’ve been doing that for a while now with no bad effects.

Bummer...yup, my first time using it. I guess I’ll see tomorrow what color I get. It’s such a nice clear color coming out of the bottle. Pesky FOs...lol
I was going to say you need to give it time. Sometimes colors may get a little funky in your soaps but then turn out to be alright.

The Hello Spring green came back...phew...I should have taken a before pic. It was very fugly before! :nodding:

Attachments

• 1AEFAD5C-6DB6-4B5F-86A7-33F348E2CF8D.jpeg
    1AEFAD5C-6DB6-4B5F-86A7-33F348E2CF8D.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14
Back