Does Goat Milk accelerate Trace?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilsonFamilyPicnic

Reaction score
i've made mostly GM soap at between 30-34% lye solutions and get pretty quick trace. hasn't been unmanagably quick at all.

so i had tried paul's method a few weeks ago of doing half liquid as water in the lye, mixing with the oils, then adding the GM at emulsification. and i had a quick trace mishap. so i got crazy yesterday and decided to try out two batches at 40% lye solution with just water expecting a really quick trace. not at all.

i've seen that the sugars in GM make it gel hot, but does the sugar acclerate trace too?

Adding sugar does make it get hotter like the natural sugars in the GM. I have not tried soaping lately more than 33% lye solution. I'll try 40 and see if I get the same experience as you. Thanks for your experience. 8)

Paul

the 2 batches at 40% lye were just straight water. i was expecting things to move quick so i didn't get fancy, but i was standing there stirring going...ho hum...when's it gonna hapen. so i got antsy and got the stick blender out. i think my freak siezed batch was a little on the warm side and that was where the trouble started. :?

i did those friday, cut saturday and checked them today and they are curing great! don't have that tackiness to them that it usually does for a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back