Does colored glassine stain?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
More importantly, will it stain my lotion bars?

Here's the idea... I plan on selling a set for Christmas, of soap and lotion bar. Soap looks like ham - it's more for levity this season, and it's a traditional thing here - and I want to wrap the lotion bar to look like it represents queso de bola (see pic)
IMG_20211202_082426.jpg

But anything plastic is not on brand so no cellophane for me, also I think it might "cut into" the lotion bar with the sharp edges so I thought of colored glassine.

But I've never used colored ones before for anything so I don't know if the color will rub off onto the lotion bar. Anyone know?

And alternative ideas are very much welcome! I'm already late :(

I think the glassine would work but I do have a suggestion... why not make it a rimmed soap and wrap it in white/transparent glassine? the color will still show through, you can smell through it, it's environmentally friendly, and labels will stick to it. I've started using glassine for my shampoo and conditioner bars. I will never go back to anything else.

I wanted to use it for the lotion bar, which is yellowish due to the raw beeswax, to represent the cheese in the pic. Hence why I thought to use the red glassine.

I ordered some already, gonna test it myself. Thanks for the responses y'all!

Ok, I have to update what I said on glassine. My cart went into a giant puddle. I lost all my shampoos and conditioners. Glassine looks great, is environmentally friendly, etc but it doesn't protect your product. I'm moving to plastic.

Back