Does anyone speak Croatian....what's zumanaca?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
Strolling through Pinterest I came across this recipe in what I think is Croatian. I am a lover of flan, panna cotta, creme brulee, and all smooth, creamy desserts like that, and when I saw this pic, I fell in love. I tried to translate it with Google Chrome, but it said it couldn't translate it at all. Regular Google translate did a fair enough job that I think I could probably give it a shot, but it doesn't translate the word "zumanaca", and I can't find a translation of that word anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here may speak Croatian, or know what the heck that is, because you need 10 of it!!! Here you go....... http://tortelina.blogspot.com/2012/04/krempita.html

Here you go:

Ingredients: 4 egg yolks, 4 tablespoons sugar, 300ml milk, 1 stick of vanilla, 300g margarine (butter), at room temperature, 350g hazelnuts, minced (almonds, shelled and minced).

Preparation:
1) Whisk egg yolks with sugar.
2) Boil milk with the vanilla. In the beaten yolks slowly add boiled milk and cook by steaming until the cream thickens. Allow to cool completely.
3) Then add the butter, almonds and hazelnut, and combine well.

Suggestion: with this cream you can coat biscuit dough and you can get cake or torta (decorate with whipped cream). And before you put the filling, you can thinly coat it with a couple of spoonfuls of jam.

From here: http://www.everyrecipe.com.au/click/index/5047343/

I have a good friend that is Croatian. This is his favorite recipe.

OMG, thank you guys so much! I can't tell you how much I want a bite of this. Maybe I'll use my best friend's birthday as an excuse to make it. (I always make her an untraditional birthday "cake") That way, I can have some too, and kill two birds with one stone. It looks incredible.

Back