Does anyone make hand sanitizer?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I found this recipe online, and I was wondering if it works.

Tired of paying for hand sanitizer? Then, grab a few ingredients, and make your own!

Difficulty: Easy

Time Required: 15 minutes or less

What You Need:

2/3 cup Isopropyl alcohol 91% (rubbing alcohol)
1/3 cup aloe vera gel
Essential oil in your choice of fragrance (optional)
A bowl and spoon
An empty container
Here's How:

Mix the aloe vera and Isopropyl alcohol together until well blended.
Add 8-10 drops of essential oil to the mixture for fragrance (if desired), and stir well.
Pour the finished hand sanitizer into an empty container and seal. Be sure to label your sanitizer, so everyone in your house will know what it is.

Contains 65% Alcohol

My wheels are turning now as well. I have everything on hand. Might have to give it a try. My daughter is a teacher and uses a lot of the stuff. Never thought to make it.

Oh Susie - please let us know how this works out. I buy the stuff by the gallon at Sams. I would love to be able to make it myself.

We are getting ready to go out of town. I plumb forgot to look for aloe vera gel. My plate is full right now, and my mind is not good. I have lists of lists.

I'm an LMT in Oregon. The only hand sanitizer approved for sanitizing hands between clients, when running water is not available, has to use alcohol to kill germs. I use 70% isopropyl in a spray bottle. I might have to try making up some gel and see if it's less drying after an event.

Yep, I'm a nurse. I was sort of wondering about the 65% alcohol by volume myself. But I figured I could increase the alcohol a bit, or decrease the aloe to bring it into the 70% range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back