Does Anyone Make Bath Salts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclecticsprint

Reaction score
After making bath salts, they harden after a few days. I include baking soda, Epsom salt, Himalayan Salt, sea salt, dendritic salt. What can I do to prevent from hardening?

It sounds like moisture is getting to your bath salts. How do you store them? I don't add baking soda to my bath salts. Unless you are adding citric acid along with the soda, your recipe won't produce fizzing bath salts.

I store them in regular 8 oz glass jars. I'll eliminate baking soda in my next batch to see if that helps.

Thanks

A couple storage ideas that might help you:

Zip lock bags really are a god-send

Put Silica gell packs in your jars? (The little "do not eat" bags)

Maybe little rice packs? Just put some rice wrapped in tulle. That may also go a ways to draw moisture from your product

I include BS and CA in my salts to give them a bit of a fizz. I store and sell them in those stand-up mylar & plastic pouches with both a zip-lock and a heat seal. Previously I had the issue that after a while, unsold ones started to "clump" a bit and look slightly damp. So I threw a silica pack into each one of my last batch, and within a few days they had all turned solid. le sigh

Epsom Salt causes it to draw moisture and can even expand your bags with air/gas what ever it is. I also add milk powders, clays powdered extracts, and some citric

Latest posts

Back