Does anyone know...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...if dried dandelion petals stay yellow in CP soap like calendula petals or do they turn brown like rose petals?

I would think they'd go brown with time. My daughter tries to save them in the house and they get all mushy and gross

4 oz wt Calendula Petals in 32 oz wt Olive oil less than 120F for 2 hours sound about right? Does the dosage from low to high make a color from pale yellow to golden?
Any notes about adding Petals at trace? I understand the petals are not rough.
Thank you Genny :)
Roy

The petals themselves do go brown, but if you infuse them in oil, they make a beautiful yellow.

4 oz wt Calendula Petals in 32 oz wt Olive oil less than 120F for 2 hours sound about right? Does the dosage from low to high make a color from pale yellow to golden?
Any notes about adding Petals at trace? I understand the petals are not rough.
Thank you Genny :)
Roy

I don't think that would be enough calendula petals in that amount of oil to get much of a color.
How I do it is, measure out the petals & put just enough oil in it to cover the petals. I use a mini crockpot (like one of those potpourri ones) & have it on low for 4- 6 hours. If the color's not dark enough once I've strained out the petals, I put more petals in & pour my infused oil back in there & heat again.

Calendula petals can be added at trace, I'd start at 1/4 oz ppo.

Latest posts

Back