Does anyone know where I can buy bulk citric acid near New Orleans?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
I'm tired of constantly trying to find a place that isn't online. I'm looking for the actual name of a business. Not "try the grocery store" or "try a chemical supply store" because I've tried and no one sells it that I can find.

Walmart? Target? Grocery store? Whole Foods? Vitamin Cottage?

Google + ZipCode works for me! ;)
None of those has it in my area with more than a few ounces. Though I've never heard of vitamin cottage so I'll check it out. I've tried so many times googling this over the last two years, I've lost count. It's incredibly frustrating that such a very large metro area actually has very little in the way of supplies.

In general prices have tripled, or more since January.
Yes, but I can still get citric acid for 10lbs for $40 on amazon. I just don't have any money in my account but I do have cash on me.

I'm tired of constantly trying to find a place that isn't online. I'm looking for the actual name of a business. Not "try the grocery store" or "try a chemical supply store" because I've tried and no one sells it that I can find.
https://www.azurestandard.com/Family run business. Farm Co-Op. they sell lots of items see online link.
I bought 50 lb bag for $200.
You’ll have to pick it up at the closest drop point which looks to be not too far from you. Here is info for drop point contact. Unsure if you pay 8.5% delivery fee. Ask contact person below.
Coordinator: Yin Ling Yuan, [email protected]
Note: If you have any questions about the drop, please contact the Volunteer Drop Coordinator Yin Ling Yuan at phone: (504) 782-5114 or email: [email protected] Our Facebook address is: Azure Standard New Orleans Drop | Facebook
All customers please arrive at the scheduled delivery time. Because this is a non-returnable route, orders are not eligible for return to the Azure warehouse. Unclaimed orders may be sold off the truck. Any items that are left on the truck will have a 10% labor and handling fee assessed.
Next Truck (Route Tulip):
Place order by Thu, Jul 21, 6:02 PM
Pickup in the week of July 29

AzureStandard.com has routes all over the country. Prices very similar to Costco without membership fee. Everything I’ve purchased has been marvelous.

https://www.azurestandard.com/Family run business. Farm Co-Op. they sell lots of items see online link.
I bought 50 lb bag for $200.
You’ll have to pick it up at the closest drop point which looks to be not too far from you. Here is info for drop point contact. Unsure if you pay 8.5% delivery fee. Ask contact person below.
Coordinator: Yin Ling Yuan, [email protected]
Note: If you have any questions about the drop, please contact the Volunteer Drop Coordinator Yin Ling Yuan at phone: (504) 782-5114 or email: [email protected] Our Facebook address is: Azure Standard New Orleans Drop | Facebook
All customers please arrive at the scheduled delivery time. Because this is a non-returnable route, orders are not eligible for return to the Azure warehouse. Unclaimed orders may be sold off the truck. Any items that are left on the truck will have a 10% labor and handling fee assessed.
Next Truck (Route Tulip):
Place order by Thu, Jul 21, 6:02 PM
Pickup in the week of July 29

AzureStandard.com has routes all over the country. Prices very similar to Costco without membership fee. Everything I’ve purchased has been marvelous.
That is so awesome. Thank you. I'm going to save that for next time. Buying these little bits is not working. The bombs are selling quickly these days.

Just another thought... could give the cash to a friend who can use their credit card to order for you?
I don't really have friends. That sounds bad but it doesn't bother me much. I have a hard time relating to people even though I can fake it. I've had that problem since I was a child. Both my husband and I have credit cards, we just don't want to use them if we don't have to. We are behind on two of them. It's been a very difficult couple of years. I've been working hard to only spend what I have for my business. Even so, I do have a business credit card that I'm paying on.

I hear you. You are not alone. (((@MelissaG))) Covid has been tough for many of us. You're smart to stick with cash for the time being.
Yeah, it's been tough. We're lucky we didn't lose anyone but we both know someone who did. This is going to sound weird but it's one of the reasons I'm a bit glad I don't have deep relationships with people I'd call friends. I'm friends with my husbands friends but you know how that is. My husband lost his best friend about ten years ago in a motorcycle accident and it really messed him up for a while. 25 years and you might as well be called family, not just friends.

I think we are the only ones we know that haven't had covid. But there has been other things... like my husband is only just the last couple days over the worst of shingles. Of all bloody things. He's only 48 so it shocked me that he got it. I don't think I've been that afraid in decades. I had to take two weeks off everything to take care of him. He had it on his face, his scalp, his mouth, tongue, throat. The doctor said it's the worst place to get it. But the blisters are finally gone.

I'll tell you, the soaping and stuff has helped me chill a bit, I guess you could say.

Latest posts

Back