does anyone know if

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovebeaniekids

Reaction score
does anyone know if orange 100%pure essential oiL give a colour of orange to the soap ? cause i wana use it for smell and add some peels would i get a orange colour as well ??????? THIS QUESTION HAS PROB BEEN asked heaps im sorry guys :D

no, it will not give an orange color, and by itself, it will fade....unless you use a 5 fold orange eo (blood Orange).

Using carrot juice and pureed carrots for the liquid will give you an orangey color, and makes a nice soap.

You can infuse your oils with tumeric for a yellow-orange that will stick around a bit longer.

I used orange peels in a soap and I hated it. They scratch so bad that I can't even use the soap. Even if I used less of the orange peels it wouldn't have helped my soap. It's too bad because I scented it with vanilla and sweet orange eo and it's the creamiest soap too. The orange scent is gone too. The carrot idea sounds like the way to go. Looking back I'd skip the peels and buy an orange creamsicle fragrance oil.

..... and they have some with cute little square molds for soaps LOL

Val

I made soap using frozen mango puree for some of the water. The soap is a pumkin orange color. It's only two weeks cure, so I haven't used the soap yet, and I don't know if it will fade in time, but for now it looks good.

Back