Does anyone here use Tog's mini mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cozyaromas

Reaction score
I currently have a wooden log mold, it makes 4lbs of soap, it's a cool mold I just hate having to make a liner for the mold each and everytime I make soap. Plus my liners are never perfect. Therefore, I'm looking for a mold that I can just use to test a small batch while at the same time not have to make a liner.

I am looking at Tog's mini mold that can be used to make a test batch as well as the 6/12 bar mold. With these types of molds, do you get one liner or do you get several?

Hi Pamela! My name is Paul, owner, maker, designer, floor sweeper, shipper at my huge one-man factory I call TOG Soap Making Tools! To answer your question. In the TOG Mini Mold, there is a bottom piece that fits exactly tight in the bottom. There are 4 side pieces that are cut for each mold, perfectly fitting together. It takes about 4 or 5 seconds to install these foamy type liners before pouring the soap batter in. after set, simply turn the mold over and the soap, and liner system falls out or you can pull the wood pins to remove the sides. peel off the liners in about 3 seconds, done. Simply wash under warm water, dry by hand or drip dry, ready to use again and again and again..... Same way for the TOG Slab Molds. These molds are my very favorite molds and are my current best selling style! Since I use a Plexiglas Lexan Divider system that takes temps. to 100's of degrees, they are very durable and soooooo easy to pop the bars of soap from the dividers! I hope I have answered your questions, several members here have my TOG Molds and several more are waiting on theirs to arrive soon. I hope more will chime in!

Paul;
TOG Soap Making Tools!

YEP! I OWN 4 of the LIL MOLDS!

WHICH WAS MY IDEA PAUL! LOL!

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN NAMED AFTER ME! HA!

But anyway.... off the soap box..

I love them.. I use them all the time!

Yup, your correct Shannan! You did come up with the idea for a 1 pound mold for test batches. I should rename them something like Shannan's Box Mold or the Mini Smelli! :lol: What do ya think? Thanks for the rave!

Paul :wink:

Thanks for chiming in Paul, I am most definitely getting one of those mini Togs to start out with, maybe I'll get 2 to experiment with. Then I'll put the 6/12 mold on a wishlist to get in the future. Paul, expect an order in the next couple of days and thanks for the genius idea smellitlikeitis, without you there would be no mini ToG mold!! :D

I have the 6/12 bar slab mold. I am going to try to post a picture of the results.

my.php
[/url]

[/img]http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swirlli5.jpg Was supposed to be white swir...them "good luck" VooDoo kits from New Orleans

That turned out really nice! Did you have any problems at all with the mold? Was it as easy to unmold as I said? Thanks Phillip for posting the pictures! Cool soap! 8)

Paul

Phillip:

The swirl in this soap is simply amazing it surely expresses your
ability as a master soap maker. The color as well is wonderful,
Even though you wanted white. I’m very interested in the complete
process you used to achieve such a great looking soap. What temperature
Was the oil and lye? What % of lye .33 or lower? Water discount? What did you use for the color? Was the mold over 2 inches deep? And did the mixture reliquify after it heated up in the mold? How did you achieve such
a thorough swirl?

Any amount of information you wish to share would be highly appreciated.

Nice pics of your soaps PhillipJ, the bars are a nice size as well, I like the fact that they are uniform size. Now Paul with the mini mold a plexiglas divider isn't available for this size, right?

Does anyone here use Tog's mimi mold?

I do! I use the Mini Smelli and the economy mold exclusively now. I am just a beginner but I make perfect (so far....soap faries stay far away please!) little batches with these molds. The liners peel away in seconds and the gel is perfect each time. Guess we have already renamed it , Paul...LOL.
Really pretty soaps, Phillip!!

cozyaromas said:
Nice pics of your soaps PhillipJ, the bars are a nice size as well, I like the fact that they are uniform size. Now Paul with the mini mold a plexiglas divider isn't available for this size, right?

The mold Phillip bought is the smallest slab mold I sell. It makes 6 bars that are from whatever up to 2-1/4 inches deep or thick. Here is a picture of the TOG 6/12 Slab Mold W/Dividers, Liner system and Wood Top;

6bardividermold003.jpg

6bardividermold004.jpg

The TOG Mini Mold you're talking about is a 1 pound log mold, different mold altogether!

Re: Does anyone here use Tog's mimi mold?

reallyrita said:
I do! I use the Mini Smelli and the economy mold exclusively now. I am just a beginner but I make perfect (so far....soap faries stay far away please!) little batches with these molds. The liners peel away in seconds and the gel is perfect each time. Guess we have already renamed it , Paul...LOL.
Really pretty soaps, Phillip!!

I guess so Rita! :lol: OK, now off to Etsy to change the name there.....

Paul that looks very nice. Do you make any custom molds? The size I use is just alittle different and I have an idea for a variable size mold.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Neil. My first attempt at swirling failed miserably. I really lucked out on this one.

The soap is 2 seperate batches. 16oz with goats milk & powdered oatmeal and my fragrance that were made in a blender. But first, I made an 8oz batch in a pint measuring cup with water "so as to not throw off the purple color" and mixed to trace with the egg beater part of the stick blender then added the liquid color & mixed it in.

With the oils in the blender, I added the lye solution and mixed that to a light trace, added the fragrance and mixed to medium trace. All oils and lye were at room temp and 35% or better water discount. I used the higher discount to buy me some time to work with the stuff.

Poured a thin zig zag line of purple in the mold. Then covered it with white starting at one corner and zig zagging that to the opposite corner covering all the purple. Then more purple zags perpendicular the the 1st ones, another layer of white, then a top layer of purple zigged diagonally. Then zig zag a chopstick through it one way, then the other followed by 2 big loops. If you just pour the white in the center, it will push the colors to the side. That's why the white has to be zigged & zagged also. Then I just put the dividers in and cover with the lid & a small towel and set in a warm spot.

I don't know if it jelled or not in the mold. I let it set a good 24 hours. Paul recommended that I not oil anything in the mold, and the soap came out great. Now if I could just figure out how to post pictures right. All I can get is thumbnail.

Latest posts

Back