Does anyone here have a separate facebook account for personal and for business?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
I know it's against their rules but their new restrictions have become frustrating. Say the wrong thing and, if someone reports it because they don't agree with you, facebook puts you on lockdown for day or weeks. I don't want to lose my business page because someone decided they didn't like what I said politically on my personal profile.

To the best of my knowledge the only way to avoid this is to set up another facebook profile/account to which you will connect your business page, OR create a new email address and just use this address to set up and manage your business page. This way it would be kept completely separate from your personal profile.

Once upon a time I was planning on selling and I had a separate email and facebook for my soaping venture.
I didn't post about or share anything soapy on my personal page.

Decided selling wasn't for me so I did close down my facebook page.

So, given that you probably want to keep your personal profile running with all your correct friends, it's probably best that you create a new email address and open a new facebook business page attached to that address. Unfortunately you will need to make the decision which option is the least hassle for you - creating a whole new business page, or creating a whole new personal profile and getting your friends to switch over. OR do what I do and be very discerning over who you allow to be your friends on your personal profile so that you don't actually offend anyone ( well you might, but if they know you well then they ain't gonna complain).

I only have a very private personal FB page. I don’t use one for my business, but if I did I would have a totally separate page for my business. I don’t want strangers all over the internet to see my personal info or photos. I have a personal private IG profile and then a public IG business profile that anyone can see. I don’t put any personal info or photos on that that don’t relate to my business.

I know it's against their rules but their new restrictions have become frustrating. Say the wrong thing and, if someone reports it because they don't agree with you, facebook puts you on lockdown for day or weeks. I don't want to lose my business page because someone decided they didn't like what I said politically on my personal profile.

Having multiple PERSONAL accounts goes against their TOC, you can have separate accounts for personal and business.

I've ended up in FB 'jail' a couple of times...it didn't affect the groups that I manage or my business page or a memorial page I set up since and I could still use Messenger.

My profile is 'private'...only 'friends' have access. When I post on my business or memorial page, my posts are under that name, not my personal account.

And since what I ended up in FB 'jail' was so stupid, I don't post a lot of personal stuff unless it is completely benign like pics of my cats.

The problem I'm having is that alot of groups that I belong to insist on using my personal profile to join and post. They won't allow me to join as my business page. These are groups that are very useful for me to belong to so leaving them because of it isn't really an option. If I could, I'd join all of them as my business page and save myself the trouble.

The problem I'm having is that alot of groups that I belong to insist on using my personal profile to join and post. They won't allow me to join as my business page. These are groups that are very useful for me to belong to so leaving them because of it isn't really an option. If I could, I'd join all of them as my business page and save myself the trouble.
In that case, just set up another 'dummy' personal profile, and then use that one to join all your groups. That is assuming you want to keep your current business page connected to your current profile.

In order to do this you may need to have a different email address so I suggest setting up a gmail account specifically for 'business use' even if you have one currently. Gmail ( I have found) is the best option to go to as it is readily accepted on most social media platforms.

That's because Facebook is a SOCIAL network. Even though it has evolved over the years to allow for business pages and even sales, it's STILL a 'social' network.

You can still join groups...whether 'public', 'private' or 'secret' and still have your personal stuff remain personal/private if that is what your settings are...like mine. As an example, I belong to a knitting group with 7.2k members and a local 'happenings' page with 34.2k members and unless I am 'friends' with someone in that group, they can't see what is going on in my personal life.

Your only other option is to do what @KiwiMoose suggested...have a second personal account with a second email address and then only use it for business (you HAVE to have a personal account to have a business page). Note that you can't be logged into both accounts at the same time unless you use separate devices (I used to have a second account for playing games).

That's because Facebook is a SOCIAL network. Even though it has evolved over the years to allow for business pages and even sales, it's STILL a 'social' network.

You can still join groups...whether 'public', 'private' or 'secret' and still have your personal stuff remain personal/private if that is what your settings are...like mine. As an example, I belong to a knitting group with 7.2k members and a local 'happenings' page with 34.2k members and unless I am 'friends' with someone in that group, they can't see what is going on in my personal life.

Your only other option is to do what @KiwiMoose suggested...have a second personal account with a second email address and then only use it for business (you HAVE to have a personal account to have a business page). Note that you can't be logged into both accounts at the same time unless you use separate devices (I used to have a second account for playing games).
I used to have a second account for games too. For all I know, it still exists. I haven't even looked at it in years.

We each have our personal facebook accounts and we have a business account. We keep the business account for all business posts and do share them on our personal pages as well. However, our personal accounts are for our personal use. Neither DH or I post anything controversial on our personal pages so, life is good. It does make things easier to have a separate business account and it is allowed.

We each have our personal facebook accounts and we have a business account. We keep the business account for all business posts and do share them on our personal pages as well. However, our personal accounts are for our personal use. Neither DH or I post anything controversial on our personal pages so, life is good. It does make things easier to have a separate business account and it is allowed.
Do you mean profile? Your personal profile and business page are joined but rather separate things. I said something about smacking the stupid out of someone and FB banned me for a month in spite of it just being a thing I've seen alot of people say and not meaning it the way it came off. I don't want to lose my business account because FB decided slang was bullying.

I have my personal facebook page and i have a separate business page. Don't really want to connect them together at the moment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back