Does anyone have a good deep conditioner recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a hair dresser (showing my age— aka stylist) for the past 36 years, I can tell you that gray hair, coarse hair, curly, wiry hair all can be hard to color.
Leaving diy color on your hair for the amount of time needed to process can really take it’s toll. When you go to a salon, they have stronger ingredients: which work faster, allowing you to rinse faster, in turn doing less damage.
I assure you that deep conditioning treatments work.
As the previous commenter said, nothing is going to fix hair—if it’s damaged beyond repair. But for normal damage: sun, color, etc, the conditioning treatments can actually save your hair. When I was younger, I colored and permed too frequently, which left my hair feeling and looking like a Brillo pad! The only thing that saved me was frequent conditioning treatments —and leave in products with lanolin, argon oil, or something similar.

I suggest going to the salon for the color-you rock the pink and blue!—and giving Humble Bee & Me a try for a diy conditioner.
I’ve watched a lot of her videos and she had such a variety of recipes that I think you will be able to find one that works for you—one that has the ingredients you are comfortable using. (Sometimes she uses sooo many chemicals and some that are questionable where, never mind, that’s my opinion…sorry.
Anyway, I think you are on the right track….
You know that saying, “Hive a girl the right pair of shoes and she will change the world.”, or something like that…
Well, I used y to I tell my clients, “Change a girls hairstyle or color and she will rule the world!”…,
So, go rule the world—with your gorgeous hair!!
Good luck!!

@MelissaG I was wondering if you had gotten your haircut yet but I guess not yet from above. I forgot to mention something earlier, a hairdresser YouTuber I watch occasionally (BradMondo) has said that gray hair is hard to color. I bought one of his semi permanent dyes a while back, (a magenta one) and it took well only in the formerly dyed ends of my hair, in the rest of the hair you could only see it in the sunlight. It made the gray strands turn a pale pink, instead of the dark pink. So you may need to bleach it for a deep pink color but there are ways to do it safely, his videos do have tips on that. (If you are going the diy route).
This Friday. :)

As a hair dresser (showing my age— aka stylist) for the past 36 years, I can tell you that gray hair, coarse hair, curly, wiry hair all can be hard to color.
Leaving diy color on your hair for the amount of time needed to process can really take it’s toll. When you go to a salon, they have stronger ingredients: which work faster, allowing you to rinse faster, in turn doing less damage.
I assure you that deep conditioning treatments work.
As the previous commenter said, nothing is going to fix hair—if it’s damaged beyond repair. But for normal damage: sun, color, etc, the conditioning treatments can actually save your hair. When I was younger, I colored and permed too frequently, which left my hair feeling and looking like a Brillo pad! The only thing that saved me was frequent conditioning treatments —and leave in products with lanolin, argon oil, or something similar.

I suggest going to the salon for the color-you rock the pink and blue!—and giving Humble Bee & Me a try for a diy conditioner.
I’ve watched a lot of her videos and she had such a variety of recipes that I think you will be able to find one that works for you—one that has the ingredients you are comfortable using. (Sometimes she uses sooo many chemicals and some that are questionable where, never mind, that’s my opinion…sorry.
Anyway, I think you are on the right track….
You know that saying, “Hive a girl the right pair of shoes and she will change the world.”, or something like that…
Well, I used y to I tell my clients, “Change a girls hairstyle or color and she will rule the world!”…,
So, go rule the world—with your gorgeous hair!!
Good luck!!
lol, that makes me feel like pouting. Ok, I'll talk to the hair dresser about it. Sometimes terms don't need to be changed.

I don't want to make and sell it, I want it for myself. I want to dye my hair one of those fun colors like pink and it tends to need a deep conditioning at least a couple times a week. The picture is the last time I dyed my hair. Mind you, this was several years ago now. I totally fried it with the bleaching last time lol. Took two years to grow out. But I'm getting grey now and my brown hair is slowly getting lighter so I figure I'll try it without bleaching. The pink was so awesome so I'm thinking that's the color I want. Yes, in the pic my hair is pink and blue.

View attachment 67429
Hi! The Best Hair Conditioner is White Vinegar. I use it in a squeeze bottle and apply it to my hair after a wash with Natural Shampoo ( Squeeze Bottle filled 1/4 Baking; 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil & filled with Distilled Water). It leaves your hair feeling silky, smooth and untangled. I massage it into my hair & scalp, for a couple of minutes as it detangles and conditions, then Rinse in Cool Water. The best natural shampoo & Conditioner, ever! No harsh chemicals. All Natural! Blessings!

It seems a bit weird that a standard hair color company would come up with these colors for some reason.

Everyone is dying their hair in interesting colors now. Makes sense to me that they would want to sell their own.

I use the brand Splat on my teenagers. Their "Midnight" colors don't require bleaching and last a long time.

Latest posts

Back