Does anyone else feel addicted to soap making?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luebella

Reaction score
I feel pretty addicted lol. I read about it all day long on and off. Forums and groups. I think about it... I make it... I daydream about cutting... Lmao. I was telling my husband last night how it's like Christmas morning every time I cut into a new loaf.

You are definitely not alone! I haven't made a batch of soap in a couple of weeks, and it's slowly killing me. I spend a good amount of time day dreaming about my next batch, what molds I can use, what scents I can put in, what colors I can add.
If there isn't already, there should be a Soap Makers Anonymous, for those of us with this fortunate addiction. ;)

I feel you, luebella, totally:mrgreen:

If I am running low on my lye (or even notice that I am almost empty *gaspppp* :sick:) and the stores are closed, I get that "uh-oh, this is nooooot good".

---> *Measures up 20 grams of lye* thinking;
Hmmm, how much soap can I get out of this, I wonderrrr..??

Runs off to SoapCalc to check.

But that`s probably just me...or?:think:http://www.soapmakingforum.com//no.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Lmao!! I was so excited last night to make a new design in soap. I was just getting ready to go downstairs and remembered I used the last of my lye. Heart...ache... Lol! I ordered 12 lbs so it doesn't happen again!

It way too addictive! I used to only make lotions and stuff, but ever since i started making soap, lotions just dont seem as fun anymore. With soap you have recipes, fragrances, colors, swirls, techniques... It feelsna lot more crafty and artsy :)

I was thinking to myself today...its 10 weeks to Valentine's Day...pull out the heart molds and play around with the color red....

I feel you, luebella, totally:mrgreen:

If I am running low on my lye (or even notice that I am almost empty *gaspppp* :sick:) and the stores are closed, I get that "uh-oh, this is nooooot good".

---> *Measures up 20 grams of lye* thinking;
Hmmm, how much soap can I get out of this, I wonderrrr..??

Runs off to SoapCalc to check.

But that`s probably just me...or?:think:

About 9 pounds. But don't think I have a problem just cause I know that...
I don't have a problem as long as o body says I do right?:)

Just cause I buy oils every chance I get and even have DW that doesn't soap noticing stuff like lard and tallow doesn't mean anything does it.
I'm okay right?!?

About 9 pounds. But don't think I have a problem just cause I know that...
I don't have a problem as long as o body says I do right?:)

Just cause I buy oils every chance I get and even have DW that doesn't soap noticing stuff like lard and tallow doesn't mean anything does it.
I'm okay right?!?

Wait, what??:confused: You can get 9 - nine - pounds of soap out of 20 grams of lye? (20 gram = 0.71 ounce)
SoapCalc measures out that 20 grams of lye will give me 156 grams (5.50 oz ) of soap (Olive) Am I missing something?
Well, that could be possible, wouldn`t be the first time... *cough*:mrgreen:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com//no.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I wouldn't say it's a addicting. It's just super fun to make soap, once you get the hang of it and sort through all the ideas that pop into your head and pick the good ones out.

Wait, what??:confused: You can get 9 - nine - pounds of soap out of 20 grams of lye? (20 gram = 0.71 ounce)
SoapCalc measures out that 20 grams of lye will give me 156 grams (5.50 oz ) of soap (Olive) Am I missing something?
Well, that could be possible, wouldn`t be the first time... *cough*:mrgreen:

I misread grams as ounces. My mistake. 20 grams is way past time to get more lye. Head for Ace quick!

Yep, total addiction. I haven't made soap in awhile but have my last show this weekend and then I'm free to play catch up first then have some fun making some new things. Looking forward to it.

Hmmmm, seems to me if you're a member of this forum, addiction is a given. This is this place to come to relax and share your addictive tendencies without having to apologize. However, a word of caution, it IS full of enablers...

Back