Does anyone else do this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
does anyone else keep the empty EO/FO bottles so you can still smell them? LOL

As much as I like the smell, I don't keep them for that reason. I just hate to toss a nice little glass bottle. There must be something I can do with them someday, although I don't know if I can get the scent out of the plastic lid.

I haven't emptied one yet!!! My soaping cupboard is too full to have something empty though...I've been gathering supplies like a squirrel in fall.

i keep one of each scent for people to come and sniff if they want to chose a scent for a custom order.

....and then I stick like bits of ribbon, scrapping bits of paper etc in the bottle so that I can make Scented cards and the like. People love them!! Especially when they get a little sliver of soap with!!

I hang on to mine. I wash them in really hot water a couple of times and then fill them to the top with white vinegar; cap them and let them set for about a week, turning them over daily to make sure the vinegar gets into the plastic lid. Pour out the vinegar and wash one more time and let them air dry. This will usually cut the scent unless it was a really strong scent. They are handy to have around to mix up new scents. Some with really strong scents go into closets or dresser drawers.

Rosey said:
does anyone else keep the empty EO/FO bottles so you can still smell them? LOL

i don't have any empties yet, but that is sooo totally me, too :lol: :lol:

i can already hear my wife yelling at me about having empty bottles laying around.

i've got a sensitive sniffer, have always been able to smell stuff others cannot (leaving me looking like a fool) and have always derived pleasure from smells (well, nice-smelling stuff, anyway). smelling is probably my favorite sense (not that i would want to do without any of the others)

I keep the bottles in with the finished soaps. After the soaps are done, I wash the bottles out and keep them.

Jude

Justpeachy said:
As much as I like the smell, I don't keep them for that reason. I just hate to toss a nice little glass bottle. There must be something I can do with them someday, although I don't know if I can get the scent out of the plastic lid.

Ditto... I can't throw anything away if I think I or someone could someday have a use for it. I'm a notorious freecycler.

I'm new at this but I have a few empty bottles, love the amber glass bottles.

I have a whole box full of empty bottles :oops: I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

nope. into the recycling bin they go. unless it's likely to be refilled (I buy by the pound and for some I do pour off into a smaller bottle so I don't have to keep running to the fridge).

I keep the bottles. I run them through the dishwasher when I have enough :oops:

Has worked to kill smells so far. I just buy new lids when I make an order at wherever.

oh yes, i keep any of the nice ambe bottles i get for testing with, not the large ones i do big loaves, they come in plastic.

To clean, I soak them in a heavily salted hot water sink over night, then wash thoroughly!

if still has smell, pour salt and litlle bit of water in , cap em, and shake like crazy!!

then rinse out. Still should never be used for anything that you would eat or drink! But is perfect for all kinds of goodies!

Deb said:
i keep one of each scent for people to come and sniff if they want to chose a scent for a custom order.

Great idea! I've been using cardstock...to make my own FO/EO scent samples. But it's time consuming and tedious. And gives me migraines. LOL Can't believe I hadn't already thought of that! :p

My thing is dripolators.I have so many of them.I remove em from the eo bottles & use a pipette,so I've no use for them but just cant bring myself to toss them. They do make good drawer/linen scenters tho :?

Latest posts

Back