Does anybody know? ^-^;

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RainbowSpark!

Reaction score
Hi there, everyone! ^-^

I was wondering if any one knows how to make "Milk Lotion" like this one here:

It's from Avon. And this is the ingredient list:

Water

Glycerin

Dimethicone

Hydrolyzed Milk Protein

Sweet Almond Extract This one here, in the picture is an "Almond and Milk" scent

Retinol Palmitate This ingredient is the subject of current debate as to whether it might have adverse effects. Because the evidence of hazard is inconclusive, this ingredient does not contribute to product scores.
Learn more about Retinol Palmitate »'

Ascorbyl Palmitate

Beta-Carotene

Vitamin E

Sunflower Oil

Glyceryl Stearate

Fragrance This ingredient is the subject of current debate as to whether it might have adverse effects. Because the evidence of hazard is inconclusive, this ingredient does not contribute to product scores.
Learn more about Fragrance »

Phenoxyethanol This ingredient raises a low level of health concern, according to GoodGuide’s ingredient classification.
  • This ingredient is suspected of causing developmental toxicity, according to sources compiled by Scorecard (www.scorecard.org)
  • This ingredient is suspected of causing reproductive toxicity, according to sources compiled by Scorecard (www.scorecard.org)
  • Plus 1 more concern
Learn more about Phenoxyethanol »

Phenoxyethanol This ingredient raises a low level of health concern, according to GoodGuide’s ingredient classification.
  • This ingredient is suspected of causing developmental toxicity, according to sources compiled by Scorecard (www.scorecard.org)
  • This ingredient is suspected of causing reproductive toxicity, according to sources compiled by Scorecard (www.scorecard.org)
  • Plus 1 more concern
Learn more about Phenoxyethanol »

Methyl Paraben

Carbomer

Sodium Hydroxide This ingredient raises a low level of health concern, according to GoodGuide’s ingredient classification.
  • This ingredient is suspected of causing respiratory toxicity, according to sources compiled by Scorecard (www.scorecard.org)
  • This ingredient is suspected of causing skin or sense organ toxicity, according to sources compiled by Scorecard (www.scorecard.org)
Learn more about Sodium Hydroxide »

Lecithin

C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate

Ethylhexyl Palmitate

Steareth 20

STEARETH-2

Cetearyl Alcohol

Now, I know most of you will wonder why, if I have the whole list of ingredients, would I need your help with this?. the thing is, I have no idea how much of what I would need. so if any of you have made your own milk lotions before, or know of a website that might help, that be so great!.

RainbowSpark! ^-<

You want to start scoping out sprayable lotion recipes- try Lotioncrafter- they might have one up.

As far as lotion making goes- it's all trial and error to get the right percentages of ingredients down once you learn how to make lotion. I make regular lotions but not sprayable- my guess is that it's just watered down lotion. You can try Swift Craftymonkeys Point of interest blog- she has tons of lotion info on there.

I would definitely suggest reading Swift Craftmonkey's site as already suggested. It's amazing all the information she has on there!

Edited because I didn't see the 'milk' portion the first time I looked, but did when I went back.

Hi there, Stinkydancer! ^-^

Thanks for the advice! I just looked at both sites, and I've found some really nice things. I love the lotioncrafters site, they have a ton a items there that I need once I go to start selling my own products!

Thanks again!

RainbowSpark!

Just google "Lotion Recipe and Milk." That should bring up recipes for lotion using milk.

Latest posts

Back