Does anybody have a favorite jasmine fragrance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePopeOfSoap

Reaction score
A friend asked me to make her some soap with a jasmine fragrance and I'd like to know if anybody has a go to or favorite jasmine fragrance oil.

I have liked New Directions Aromatics (NDA) Jasmine. I do not, however, like NDA's minimum purchase policy in order to avoid an extra fee. I also haven't bought from them in awhile, so I don't know if they still have the same Jasmine.

I have liked New Directions Aromatics (NDA) Jasmine. I do not, however, like NDA's minimum purchase policy in order to avoid an extra fee. I also haven't bought from them in awhile, so I don't know if they still have the same Jasmine.
Yeah that's too bad about the minimum purchase policy, the site itself looks really helpful especially with all of the relevant documentation listed for each fragrance. At some point I may have to bite the bullet and try them out.

If you are looking for a traditional jasmine, Sweetcakes has a good one. If you're looking for a mostly jasmine blend, Sultry Black Jasmine from BB is nice.
Good suggestions! Sultry Black Jasmine looks interesting, a smoky floral seems sort of unusual but it could be nice. I like that it's phthalate free.

Good suggestions! Sultry Black Jasmine looks interesting, a smoky floral seems sort of unusual but it could be nice. I like that it's phthalate free.
I'm not a huge fan of Jasmine myself, but I honestly smell mostly Jasmine in SBJ. I didn't really get a smokey note...more of an amber or musk base note. It's still light and sweet though. And, it sticks well. I have a bar over a year old and it still smells great!

Back