Does activated charcoal kill FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayJay

Reaction score
Hi again!

I was thinking about using some activated charcoal for color along with one of my FO samples. But then I though "doesn't activated charcoal soak up odors?" "Would I have to add extra FO?" "Should I try my FO sample on a does that doesn't have charcoal?"

Does anyone have any experience that they are willing to share about whether the use of charcoal affected the potency of the FO?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Activated charcoal works great with EO, i'm sure you'll be fine with FO's. I have not needed to add any extra scent while working with AC, no noticed decrease in scent at all.

I have not noticed any lessening in scent with AC with FO, either. I have not read that it soaks up odors, it seems like it would make a mess if you used it for that purpose, I brush my teeth with it sometimes and it is hard enough not to create a giant mess even over the sink. I look like a creature from the Black Lagoon during the process, but it leaves them squeaky clean!

Back