Does A Cold Workshop Make A Difference?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryJeanUK

Reaction score
Hi, I need help...

I've been making soap for about 5 years now and since I've moved everything into the new workshop (which has no heating) I've been having problems, although I've thought it due to production methods...previously I've been making the soap in my kitchen (where the heating has been on throughout the day).

I've double checked the SAP values from the MSDS sheets from my suppliers, switched from maching mixing to hand mixing and I've still got the same problems (although on a smaller scale)...soap that doesn't harden like it used to and small 'stearic acid' balls or streaks throughout the soap.

Any help would be much appreciated as it happens to all my soaps no matter the formula I use (some have Coconut, instead of Palm Kernel or Soyabean in stead of Canola/Rapeseed Oil, the rest of the formulas are made up of a variety of fats such as Olive, Safflower, Sunflower, Avocado, Mango, Cocoa and Shea).

Back