Does .02 % fo work in lotion?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nurture's Fresh Cut Roses is one of my new favorites, but the usage limit is .02%, does that tiny amount really add any noticeable scent in 8 ounces of lotion??

And what about their black raspberry vanilla at .o5%?

I would not purchase a fragrance that is so low. No thanks. Rose Bouquet from Peak is lovely and Black Raspberry Vanilla from soapsupplies.net it to die for. I usually use 1-1.5% in lotions. I notice their soap percentage is much higher, 5-6%, but if a leave on is so low in percentage I simply would not purchase it. Peak Rose Bouquet is easy to work with, slight acceleration and no discoloration. Soap Supplies BRV to acceleration or discoloration
https://peakfragrances.com/products/rose-bouquet
http://www.soapsupplies.net/fragrance1.html

Last edited:
Yes, isn't odd that the soap usage is standard, but the lotion is tiny? Even their rosemary mint is .75% (although I'm assuming it contains some real essential oil).

I've bookmarked the ones you listed - and thank you for those. I'm going to make do without those for now; I'm still playing around with the idea of selling lotion and not ready to commit yet. Haven't sold soap yet either...still waiting on some information from the city.

I've never used the BRV in lotion, but I have used it in soap and can tell you it is strong. I haven't tried many BRVs since I do like that one, but of the couple I have tried it is my favorite. I'm not too fond of rose FOs, so haven't tried that one. It looks like cmzaha gave you some good options.

I'd never use an FO that has a 0.02% limit for the products I want to use it in. I typically scent lotion at 0.5% to 2%, depending on the fragrance. It almost makes me wonder if this is a typo, if the other IRFA limits for this FO are more typical of most FOs.

Natures Garden fresh cut roses FO has an IRFA of 6.5% for lotions (Cat 4) and the same for soap (Cat 9). If you're looking for an alternative to Nurture's FO, the NG version might be an option.

I have not tried Natures Garden Fresh Cut Rose, but I do know Peaks, as mentioned above, does soap well with very little acceleration especially in a slow moving recipe, and only takes 0.5% for lotion. It has been my best selling rose yet and I have tried several. It is also really nice mixed with a Champagne Fragrance to add some bubby

Latest posts

Back