Documenting my progress

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inspired by

these trees are scented with a blend I call 'forest walk'. They were my first CPOP soap and I definitely overcooked them! There's a lot of tiny bubbles throughout which blur the design.
full

Great tree! I have watched that exact video many times. I'm still working on another tree -- reverse secret feather. I'm curious what your blend is? Care to share? I'm loving this thread -- thanks for posting!

I'd been wanting to try eggs in soap for a while, and when I did, I wondered why I waited so long!
full

Shortly after, I made my first batch with tallow I rendered at home, and also tried a mica line for the first time. The tallow was lovely to work with, the mica was a little insubstantial!
full

Great tree! I have watched that exact video many times. I'm still working on another tree -- reverse secret feather. I'm curious what your blend is? Care to share? I'm loving this thread -- thanks for posting!
Thanks! I'd love to see your reverse secret feather tree :) I'm still trying to figure out a recipe that will let me do things like that but I think I'm very close...
I think we may have talked before about the scent, it's the one my husband said was a bit like floor cleaner 😂 Although the pine aspect has become more muted, and the mint is more dominant notes, which is good. I've started using rosemary more based on your recommendations and liking it a lot.

Wrapping up the completed soaps for the moment, this was the result when I decided I wanted to use up some shavings to make an elegant black soap with a shimmering copper line:
full

(Reality did not quite meet expectation here!)

And finally, the most time consuming of them all, probably a good 12 hours solid work if not more, this fiddly but ultimately very satisfying piece of soap dough work:
full

Yet to come (when I give up my kitchen to photography again); rhubarb and custard variations, the real black and copper bars, and a soap that smells like chocolate but looks like meat 🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back