Do you use the oat milk pulp?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just made some oat milk using Lisa from I Dream in Soap's method. I'm planning to make soap with it in the next day or two. Lisa says not to use the pulp that is left over because it is not as fine as colloidal oatmeal. Other oat milk soap videos I watched dumped some of the pulp into the batter. How do you make your oat milk soap? Any and all tips on making oat milk soap much appreciated!

I use the oat milk as 50% of my lye water. Any more than than it it will be very thick with the lye added. Others add it to the oils and discount the water by the appropriate amount.
I don't use the pulp, but I see no reason why you can't. I typically add DRY ground oatmeal to my soap rather than using the pulp. The pulp, however, makes the most delicious porridge ever! I recommend making porridge and eating it instead.

Last edited:
I've never tried it, but I would imagine that the pulp would be somewhat exfoliating. The bar may not look as smooth with it in there, either. I'd do a test batch, divide it in half, and in one half leave it out, and in the other add a bit in and see what happens. Add some mica or whatever (before splitting in half so both halves are exactly the same) to help see the difference.

I use the oat milk as 50% of my lye water. Any more than than it it will be very thick with the lye added. Others add it to the oils and discount the water by the appropriate amount.
I don't use the pulp, but I see not reason why you can't. I typically add DRY ground oatmeal to my soap rather than using the pulp. The pulp, whoever, makes the most delicious porridge ever! I recommend making porridge and eating it instead.
Do I need to worry about overheating with the oat milk? Does it scorch like other milks?
Is the dry ground oatmeal scratchy in your soap?
Porridge -- Didn't even think of that! I hate wasting all the oat pulp so I'll have to give that a try. I wonder how the pulp would be for baking?

Latest posts

Back