Do you store your cured soaps wrapped or unwrapped?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bliss

Reaction score
Do you store your cured soaps wrapped or unwrapped? Just wondering if I should wrap up all my soaps or wait until they are ready to be sold. What do you recommend?

Cp soaps do not need to be wrapped in plastic but mp does due to the glycerin. Also if your making cp soap you can still wrap in plastic for sanitary reasons.

I usually wait until they are ready to be sold to wrap them.

So, with MP, what do you wrap it in? Plastic or paper? I just put a sort of wrap around label on my CP, it's not covered completely. But I keep it in a cupboard away from dust etc until I want to use it. At the moment, it's only for gifts.

I wrap my mp in plastic wrap, then in wax paper, add my label and i'm done.

I wrapped mine 1-2 weeks after unmolding and they shrunk so I ended up having to relabel them. I wont label them now until I need to give away or sell. but I use a paper band.

I put a cigar label on, and wrap mine about 2 weeks after cutting. I use shrink wrap sleves, and if the shrink up a bit more before they head out, I hit them with the heat gun again.

Do you store your cured soap wrapped or unwrapped.

Well....after just taking 12 batches off the cure rack to make room...I am exhusted! I do not sell, but I wrap nicely and attach labels for my give-aways. I do not wrap them like that until the give-away. I store in brown paper lunch bags, sealed with tape, soap name written on outside of bag, and stored on shelves in a dark, cool cabinet. If I think the recipient will use the soap almost immediately I will either shrink wrap or wrap in heavy duty saran type wrap. Usually though, I wrap in rice paper. Until then, they hang out in those paper bags!! My soaps cure in 6-8 weeks in a very dry climate so I do not have shrinkage after I wrap.

I don't sell, so I usually store mine unwrapped in my bureau drawers....one fragrance to a drawer. Makes for wonderful smelling shirts. :lol:

This might be a bright idea,maybe not but...

Growing up in a large family,5 boys,3 girls ,nieces,nephews,cousins,and a lot of the neighborhood kids.My mom had to buy some serious soap,lol we went through it like crazy.

How about "Family Economy" sized soaps? Regular sized bars,just packaged in something as simple as plastic" bread bags." $1.79 at the supermarket.
Use up some tags that you might be discontinuing with.

She would buy bags that had 5 bars,smelled really good,I know she didn't pay more then $5.00, a bag. She always bought huge quantities of it every month. That might help some of you that are selling them.or just have soap around that need a home,promote new scents to your line.
"Family Variety Packs" I just don't see packs of soap like that anymore.
People can see and smell before they buy.Might work well at craft shows.

Like I said it's just an idea.

Munky.

Back