Do you scrap the soap on the side of the pot into the mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NameThatCandy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am going to make my 1st batch this tuesday, I read "the soapmaker's companion" and "The everything soapmaking book", "Soapmaker's companion does not recommend to scrap the soap on the sides of the pot into the mold (for beginners), I am wondering that if I stir the side constantly, will it be ok to scrap the soap on the sides of pot into the mold?

And when you pour the soap into the mold, do you pour it directly into the mold?? Because I plan to use some heart shape silicon mold, they are fairly small, it will be very difficult to pour in the mold directly.

Thanks

Stirring the sides

I try not to splash my batter up along the sides of the pot. I hand stir — to be honest, I will probably hand stir most of my batches. l use the stick blender for incorporating milk powders, and other "pre-lye" additives into my oils, only. I'm weird — I enjoy hand stirring.

You can use a small ladle, to get your soap into your individual heart shaped molds. Oh yeah, I do scrape the sides of the pot.

Latest posts

Back