do you only make goats milk soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
I've seen a few websites that only sell gm soap? But now a customer asked me if I make any vegan soaps which I do. Do you think its important to add a variety of types of soaps in order to get customers? A lot of people only want vegan soaps so just how important is this to you?

So far, I've only made goat milk based CP soaps and goat milk salt bars. I make there using AF's and veggie based only, but always use the GM. I think more and more all the time I need to diversify to the Vegans out there, but, have not found the need to do so solely. Since I have both a soap tool business and a soap & lotion business, I guess I don't notice the need to focus that closely on my B&B business. I hope to change that this year, as Phyllis is taking over the selling and packaging of my soaps & lotions. Interesting question, I will be watching others views.
:)
Paul

I knew I would get a response from you first mister gm man! I only thought about it because its always posted vegan or not and never saw the need to focus on that until someone inquired. Since I know there are some vegans in here I'd love to know what they think as well!

I recall Tab giving a really good description of the different types of natural soaps and it included info about Vegan soap...Hmmm...Tab, what was it you were saying? I also have people asking about Vegan soap...

I was just curious as to how important it is for those that make soap if they feel the need to incorporate different types to please the customer.

I use coconut milk in my all veggie recipes. You still get the benefits of the milk in a veggie way. Soy milk would work too.

OoOoOoO Ok I see what you are asking... :oops: I found the more types I tried to make, no matter how many, there would ALWAYS be a customer asking if I had this...or that.... Now, I have a Basic line, with the same recipe and different scents/colors. And then I have "Specialty Items" .

I think a signature line is more important than a bunch of different types of soap...or B&B products...

Great idea Marr! I used to use Coconut Milk a lot in conjunction with GM, but started to only use the GM. Good idea for Vegans tho....

Paul

I use to carry only three or four types of soaps myself, but now my soap line is up to 10 kinds. Mostly with gm in mine. But I do some all veg. & some lard soaps, some high butter contents.......folks seem to like the shea butter thing or cocoa butter. Some just want a good fragrance & nice lather. I think its nice to have a variety, with out being huge. I have some costomers who order honey soap along with lard or a plain soap. Something for everyones issue in the family. :)

Our soaps are a decent mix. If I see a soap I think would be great for goat milk that's what I'll do.

If I'm going more for the color I'll just use water as I would like a whiter base.

As far as sales, I've noticed it's fairly close.

So the basic idea is to do what your comfortable without going too crazy. I like the idea of a signature line for vegans that sounds like an idea! I don't want to have a ton of soaps because I know it can happen in an instant! Thanks guys for all your responses.

Back