Do I have to blend until trace for HP ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubychu

Reaction score
I do understand that the solution of oil+lye should be mixed and blend to trace since it will be left alone for saponification. But how about HP ? Do I still have to blend it until trace before cooking ? I have seen a thread from web that someone just put the oil and lye solution together and cooking at once :?:

rubychu said:
I do understand that the solution of oil+lye should be mixed and blend to trace since it will be left alone for saponification. But how about HP ? Do I still have to blend it until trace before cooking ? I have seen a thread from web that someone just put the oil and lye solution together and cooking at once :?:

for hp, when you stick blend your oils and lye mixture, you need to blend til trace, its pretty fast, then cook.

Thanks a lot for your reply. It do help me to clarify that I should not lazy in making soap :oops:

rubychu said:

there is a good tutorial on peakcandle.com, it has step by step on cp and hp.

I've made good HP both by blending till trace, then cooking & by blending just till it's all mixed & set it on warm and left it alone for a few hours. My crock has 5 settings hi 4 hrs, hi 6 hrs, low 8 hrs, low 10 hrs, & warm. Something came up that needed my attention & I had to stop mixing, so I set it on low & by the time I came back to it it was just getting to the volcano stage, & I soaped as per normal from that point. Soap turned out just fine.

I do Oven HP and stick blend until I get a good thick trace!

L

Do anyone know that the meaning of "trace" ? Does it mean that saponification is just started ? Or simply oil/lye/water are all mixed completely ? Or anything else ?

Back