Do any UK Soapers use Cookeen or Trex?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Fiona Robertson

Reaction score
I've been reading through some old threads but can't seem to find a conclusion about how best to enter this ingredient into a soap calc. I would also like to know how it performs in the long term ie does it make a hard and long lasting bar? What is the lather like? TIA

Anglezarke

Reaction score
The ingredients used in Trex are Palm: 57 (+/-3%) and Rapeseed (Canola) : 43 (+/-3%).

The Palm is said to be RSPO certified.

Palm hardens, Rapeseed conditions.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ingredients used in Trex are Palm: 57 (+/-3%) and Rapeseed (Canola) : 43 (+/-3%).

The Palm is said to be RSPO certified.

Palm hardens, Rapeseed conditions.
So based on this info, you'd be good entering these percentages into your soap calculator. With the plus or minus 3% it won't make such a difference in the needed lye to make your soap unsafe.

Fiona Robertson

Reaction score
Thanks very much Anglezarke and KristaY, that's really helpful information! Have either of you used cookeen or trex? Does it contribute to a good soap?

ffynnon

Reaction score
Hi Fiona how would Trex be added to the label would you have to use the INCI separately for the palm/ rapeseed. Im still debating whether to try lard or dripping.

LilyJo

Reaction score
Hi Fiona how would Trex be added to the label would you have to use the INCI separately for the palm/ rapeseed. Im still debating whether to try lard or dripping.
I think I the ingredients would be listed separately but your safety advisor would give you the label listing.

Latest posts