dmcgee5034 CP GMS soapy photo gallery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t usually line mine, but my recipe is high in saturated fats, low in water, and always gels (those pipes are great insulators, and so is the wood holder/stand). If mine stick at all, I put them in the freezer for an hour, then set them on the counter for five minutes. After that, a firm tap on the floor and the condensation build-up helps them slide right out.

But if you want to line yours, that’s not a bad idea. Thin plastic sheets, oven liner, or freezer paper work well for that.
Thanks @AliOop 🌸🥰🌸

I 'line' mine with a silicone mat - which in turn creates a textured rim to the soap (soap pictured is not a pull through - just a pour)
View attachment 70233
Woooowwwwww-za, @KiwiMoose - beautiful! I don’t have a silicone mat…. Yet?!? LOL 🌸

Got a new purple mica, so of course I had to test it out. Emphasis on the HAD TO…. 😂
Queens purple mica for the top and bottom layers, then an OPW in the middle of TD and black oxide pigment. Still playing around with this look inspired by @Catscankim (still can’t find your pics, tho). I don’t know why I’m still chicken to do a mica line inbetween the layers but I’ll get there eventually. I’m also still trying to figure out photography, so I’m attaching 2 pics for fun/comments. Scent is BB Black Raspberry Vanilla. 🌸
Doodle Bug says it smells delicious LOL 🐾
ETA/CORRECT swirl to OPW 🤦🏻‍♀️

0C39CDFD-FE7A-482F-85F6-0B8C0F29C95D.jpeg
5DFDC6E7-AE9E-457E-83A7-406A8BDB000D.jpeg
7B0B6A6B-125C-4738-9943-9B35CA25F84A.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a new purple mica, so of course I had to test it out. Emphasis on the HAD TO…. 😂
Queens purple mica for the top and bottom layers, then an ITPS in the middle of TD and black oxide pigment. Still playing around with this look inspired by @Catscankim (still can’t find your pics, tho). I don’t know why I’m still chicken to do a mica line inbetween the layers but I’ll get there eventually. I’m also still trying to figure out photography, so I’m attaching 2 pics for fun/comments. Scent is BB Black Raspberry Vanilla. 🌸

View attachment 70289View attachment 70290View attachment 70291
OMG those are so pretty!! I love the purple color and and I am in love with the middle layer!! Well done, You gave me my next project idea!!

Queens purple mica for the top and bottom layers, then an ITPS in the middle of TD and black oxide pigment. Still playing around with this look inspired by @Catscankim (still can’t find your pics, tho). I don’t know why I’m still chicken to do a mica line inbetween the layers but I’ll get there eventually. I’m also still trying to figure out photography, so I’m attaching 2 pics for fun/comments. Scent is BB Black Raspberry Vanilla. 🌸

Wow these are soooo beautiful love it love it I also like your gingerbread poochy cute picture.

That's beautiful! How do I get an ITP swirl to look like THAT?! My last attempt actually was supposed to be an ITP, but the batter went right through and became an ITP drop swirl. 😂

Hey hey, I figured out how y’all do this fancy multi quote reply! Neat! 😂😊😂

That's beautiful! How do I get an ITP swirl to look like THAT?! My last attempt actually was supposed to be an ITP, but the batter went right through and became an ITP drop swirl. 😂
Thank you for the sweet feedback, @Servant4Christ 😊
I’ll do my best to explain….. I added the color batter to the white in 3 different segments. A puddle of it at the back of the funnel pitcher with a drizzle towards the front. Once the color was gone, I reloaded it. I also had my mold at an angle during the pour and poured slowly on the wall of the mold.
Give it a pour, ummm whirl, ummm OPW and post pics. 🌸

Omg #swirlgoals. You have a tutorial to recommend to achieve those really impressive swirls?
I am tickled by your comment, @WildHareCraftSoap, thank you. 😊
I probably saw something similar to what I did watching Lisa’s videos on I Dream in Soap. 🌸

Last edited:
Made a batch yesterday and cut it today. I used madmica Sakura for the base color, and TD with BB Rose Gold Mica in the middle. I think I’d do the Rose Gold lighter next time, maybe mix a bit with the base color so it’s not so bazinga pink. And I like more middle, kinda like double stuffed Oreos for this design. 🤣
I used an accelerating FO (Amazing Grace) so a few lessons learned there - I should have added the FO to the middle pitchers just in time, my batter wasn’t nearly as fluid as I wanted. 😳
On a positive note, I got this cool mold for singles (thought it would be for lotion bars but it’s a smidge too big for the tins - booooo). I love the shape of the bar from the mold! I might need to make some rock soaps in it.
And finally, lotion bars - I love the hearts in the tins. 🌸
959BAB85-5C6D-40CA-907C-A61C69580A14.jpeg
3A739B98-A528-4234-AAA1-D0160283DA89.jpeg
57B97125-9BAF-48AC-AE75-10F893A4E297.jpeg

I am going to shamelessly steal the idea of having one thread for my soap pics.
Batch 1
These were Cherry Fruit Punch scented. The smell is yummy and was just some random soap fragrance from Hobby Lobby. I’d do different colors next time and make the topper red like a cherry (duh me!) next time.

Batch 2
Aruba Coconut scented. I love Aruba and the pink flamingos there….

Batch 3
Nothing like jumping right in for a Circling Taiwan Swirl for my 3rd batch, huh? Apple Jack and Orange Peel scent.

Batch 4
These are Tobacco and Bay Leaf scent. Kinda looks tiger stripe and I put those bolt type embeds on top to make it look more masculine. IDK if the look worked but they smell yummy and I got good feedback.

Batch 5
This BB project was super fun! Cranberry Cocktail with the soap leaves piped on. I did 2 molds of this for holiday gifts.

Batch 6
Cranberry Fig scented. I don’t like the bandaid colored ball on top - lesson learned with my mica and white M&P - won’t do that again. Did a hanger swirl here. This was my first batch I priced out for fun and it came out to 3.13 per bar for supplies. Thought I should try to check cost in case I ever do sell in the future.

Batch 7
I made 1 batch and divided it in half to make 2 different soaps. One for my brother and one for hubby.
Brother batch is Patchouli Cedarwood and looks like red camouflage.
Hubby batch is Cool Water in blues and black oxide.

Batch 8
Had to make a holiday soap that wasn’t all Christmas time. Winter Wonderland scent with a drop swirl and some tiny “ice blocks” on top and glitter.

Batch 9
This was the Laminar Flow challenge and I used Smell the Rainbow.

Batch 10
BB Caffe Latte scent with the (not really) magic color changing cappuccino mica and black oxide. Drop swirl. Day 1 and day 2 pics for the color change.

Batch 11
Simple Sally or Fresh Milk - I still don’t know. No colors and just a touch of Oatmeal Milk and Honey scent. I love these bars. And the soap in the mold still reminds me of gelato.

Batch 12 - the dreaded Ylang Ylang and Lavender for my niece. This soap freaked me out with the acceleration. Had all these ideas for a pretty swirl and color and that all went out the window. Mica swirl on top was all I could muster… 🌸

I give up on batch numbers. Now it’s just soap - lol! I just cut these tonight.
This one is Pink Grapefruit scented and I used I Dream in Soap mantra swirl as inspiration. Lisa is so talented and a great teacher! Color is BB Ultramarine Pink pigment, TD, and the middle is both Green Chrome pigment and Caribbean blue mica alternated in the center section. I do think I started wrong and I know I ended the swirl wrong, but at the end I was kinda freaking out in a good way that it was swirling that I forgot what to do.
Fingers crossed @AliOop - no soda ash so far, so the plastic wrap cover is working 🌸
Really beautiful!

I am laughing at how cute your dog is and not those beautiful soaps!

Thank you for the sweet feedback, @Servant4Christ 😊
I’ll do my best to explain….. I added the color batter to the white in 3 different segments. A puddle of it at the back of the funnel pitcher with a drizzle towards the front. Once the color was gone, I reloaded it. I also had my mold at an angle during the pour and poured slowly on the wall of the mold.
Give it a pour, ummm whirl, ummm ITPS and post pics. 🌸
I am also wowed by the neat feathering in your ITPS. You said that you pour with your mold at an angle. Do you pour back and forth along the wall of your mold, similar to a OPW?

I am also wowed by the neat feathering in your ITPS. You said that you pour with your mold at an angle. Do you pour back and forth along the wall of your mold, similar to a OPW?
Hi @The_Emerald_Chicken, yes, that’s what I am doing. I may have gotten my swirls confused. Definitely pouring back and forth along the wall. 🌸

ETA: yup, I definitely said the wrong swirl 🤦🏻‍♀️, going to correct my posts. OPW, in small amounts and reloaded 3 times. Thanks @The_Emerald_Chicken for that clarification 🌸

ETA: Here’s the video I had saved for the technique:

Last edited:
2 soaps for the price of one 😉
The first one was my initial try at a lollipop swirl. That technique is harder than I anticipated! I learned using a pouring vessel without a spout or one that isn’t flexible is a bad plan if you want nice smooth circle pours. 🤣
I wanted spring colors, so maybe next time I’ll add a dash of TD to each of the micas I used. Scent is Clover and Aloe by BB. The second photo below of this soap is just for giggles.
8E1A6749-5D88-44E3-B931-1C4D27FED55A.jpeg

The second one was a loose take on a soap I saw on Pinterest by Sagegold Soap. The funny thing with this is that all my micas were blues, but the BB Coastal Rain FO discolors to yellow, so greens it is.
F4A7DA93-3683-4710-AC40-BA024DA0D1B8.jpeg

That’s all for now, soapy friends 🌸

Attachments

• E1BB24D2-FD5F-4C43-83C7-59CE91AE51C4.jpeg
    E1BB24D2-FD5F-4C43-83C7-59CE91AE51C4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back