dmcgee5034 CP GMS soapy photo gallery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to shamelessly steal the idea of having one thread for my soap pics.
Batch 1
These were Cherry Fruit Punch scented. The smell is yummy and was just some random soap fragrance from Hobby Lobby. I’d do different colors next time and make the topper red like a cherry (duh me!) next time.

Batch 2
Aruba Coconut scented. I love Aruba and the pink flamingos there….

Batch 3
Nothing like jumping right in for a Circling Taiwan Swirl for my 3rd batch, huh? Apple Jack and Orange Peel scent.

Batch 4
These are Tobacco and Bay Leaf scent. Kinda looks tiger stripe and I put those bolt type embeds on top to make it look more masculine. IDK if the look worked but they smell yummy and I got good feedback.

Batch 5
This BB project was super fun! Cranberry Cocktail with the soap leaves piped on. I did 2 molds of this for holiday gifts.

Batch 6
Cranberry Fig scented. I don’t like the bandaid colored ball on top - lesson learned with my mica and white M&P - won’t do that again. Did a hanger swirl here. This was my first batch I priced out for fun and it came out to 3.13 per bar for supplies. Thought I should try to check cost in case I ever do sell in the future.

Batch 7
I made 1 batch and divided it in half to make 2 different soaps. One for my brother and one for hubby.
Brother batch is Patchouli Cedarwood and looks like red camouflage.
Hubby batch is Cool Water in blues and black oxide.

Batch 8
Had to make a holiday soap that wasn’t all Christmas time. Winter Wonderland scent with a drop swirl and some tiny “ice blocks” on top and glitter.

Batch 9
This was the Laminar Flow challenge and I used Smell the Rainbow.

Batch 10
BB Caffe Latte scent with the (not really) magic color changing cappuccino mica and black oxide. Drop swirl. Day 1 and day 2 pics for the color change.

Batch 11
Simple Sally or Fresh Milk - I still don’t know. No colors and just a touch of Oatmeal Milk and Honey scent. I love these bars. And the soap in the mold still reminds me of gelato.

Batch 12 - the dreaded Ylang Ylang and Lavender for my niece. This soap freaked me out with the acceleration. Had all these ideas for a pretty swirl and color and that all went out the window. Mica swirl on top was all I could muster… 🌸

I give up on batch numbers. Now it’s just soap - lol! I just cut these tonight.
This one is Pink Grapefruit scented and I used I Dream in Soap mantra swirl as inspiration. Lisa is so talented and a great teacher! Color is BB Ultramarine Pink pigment, TD, and the middle is both Green Chrome pigment and Caribbean blue mica alternated in the center section. I do think I started wrong and I know I ended the swirl wrong, but at the end I was kinda freaking out in a good way that it was swirling that I forgot what to do.
Fingers crossed @AliOop - no soda ash so far, so the plastic wrap cover is working 🌸
Wow your soaps are so amazing and yummy looking very nice work. Definitely a jaw dropper lol 😆

Posting here for reference, from the Dec Un-Challenge.
I made a kaleidoscope soap and cut it today. I picked up a pull through tool set at Walmart online for under $15 and lined a Pringles can. I was inspired by our resident master of pull through soaps, @TashaBird, and also used bolder colors like she does. You do amazing work, @TashaBird, thanks for the inspiration and sharing your knowledge 🥰
I didn’t get quite the contrast I wanted with the pink and orange, but still pretty cool for a first try. I used BB Fired Up Fuchsia colorant, Yellow oxide pigment, Ultramarine blue pigment and Tangerine Wow colorant, and alternated the pour in that order from my funnel pitchers down the rod of the tool. Scent is BB Coconut Citrus Sorbet FO. Made with GMP frozen in AV juice so hoping for nice bubbles. I can’t wait to do this again with a different pattern from the tool set. 🌸

38CADDB6-9A76-4C6D-9EFA-676D477FF0F8.jpeg
DCC198BB-B274-4440-A039-329EAAB7A9FE.jpeg

Posting here for reference, from the Dec Un-Challenge.
I made a kaleidoscope soap and cut it today. I picked up a pull through tool set at Walmart online for under $15 and lined a Pringles can. I was inspired by our resident master of pull through soaps, @TashaBird, and also used bolder colors like she does. You do amazing work, @TashaBird, thanks for the inspiration and sharing your knowledge 🥰
I didn’t get quite the contrast I wanted with the pink and orange, but still pretty cool for a first try. I used BB Fired Up Fuchsia colorant, Yellow oxide pigment, Ultramarine blue pigment and Tangerine Wow colorant, and alternated the pour in that order from my funnel pitchers down the rod of the tool. Scent is BB Coconut Citrus Sorbet FO. Made with GMP frozen in AV juice so hoping for nice bubbles. I can’t wait to do this again with a different pattern from the tool set. 🌸

View attachment 70133View attachment 70134
Wow those are nice I love them!

Wow, that is your FIRST try at a pull-through? I've never, every gotten anything that amazing despite multiple tries.

Great job on colors, contrast - everything, 👏👏👏🙌

Yesterday I made soap and I was able to unmold and cut it today. I used NS Juicy Pear FO and it smells so yummy! I tried to do a version of the beautiful soaps made by @Catscankim (I chickened out and didn’t add the mica lines after all). It is the first time I’ve done an OPW, I used gold mica in TD white for the middle. I hope it has good bubbles, AVJ as full water replacement with GM powder. It’s hard to gauge the soap in the mold for the layers, and maybe I’ll get a true TS mold in the future. 🌸
ETA/CORRECT: OPW (not ITPS 🤦🏻‍♀️) 🌸

FC626C25-18BC-4982-8B1B-C7B87D8C48FC.jpeg

I did a slab mold sort of in the spirit of a BB Bramble Berry project. I think I over swirled - should have stopped a few chopstick swirls sooner. 🌸

A3BB6A06-E08B-4BFF-A786-1C80F322ABC2.jpeg

Last edited:
Pull through number 2. Crisp Cotton FO from BB. I had a harder time pouring around and down the rod into the can this time, so my circles weren’t as even during the pour. Lesson learned as I had time to check and try to correct. I also used a different disk that has more pattern to it. I might have to get a mold and upgrade from the pringles can lol! 🌸

62813224-0C5B-441D-8978-B9CF29E67089.jpeg

Pull through number 2. Crisp Cotton FO from BB. I had a harder time pouring around and down the rod into the can this time, so my circles weren’t as even during the pour. Lesson learned as I had time to check and try to correct. I also used a different disk that has more pattern to it. I might have to get a mold and upgrade from the pringles can lol! 🌸

View attachment 70205
I use a PVC pipe

You inspired me to try again with a pull-through for the December UnChallenge. I have yet to get anything as nice as either of yours, both of which look great.

Like @KiwiMoose, I also use a PVC pipe. Well, technically mine are ABS pipe, which is the black stuff, because it is very hard to find 3" PVC where I am located. Both materials work well for soap molds and are quite inexpensive, even with the cap you need for the bottom. The big box store will often cut it to length for you, too.

@KiwiMoose and @AliOop - do you line them or coat them before you use them? Thanks a bunch 🌸
I don’t usually line mine, but my recipe is high in saturated fats, low in water, and always gels (those pipes are great insulators, and so is the wood holder/stand). If mine stick at all, I put them in the freezer for an hour, then set them on the counter for five minutes. After that, a firm tap on the floor and the condensation build-up helps them slide right out.

But if you want to line yours, that’s not a bad idea. Thin plastic sheets, oven liner, or freezer paper work well for that.

Latest posts

Back