DIY vanilla FO in CP soap??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayJay

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I got this idea for a soap in the middle of the night and naturally I want to make it today. The problem is that I need vanilla scent.

The only things I have on hand are vanilla flavor oil and other FOs that have a low vanilla content.

Because I want to soap today, I am wondering if I can infuse some vanilla beans in coconut oil over a low heat to create my own vanilla scent.

Is this a good idea or bad idea?

Also, I read somewhere that vanilla flavor is just a highly scented oil that has no flavor. Has anyone used flavor oil in CP soap?

Hi all,

So I got this idea for a soap in the middle of the night and naturally I want to make it today. The problem is that I need vanilla scent.

The only things I have on hand are vanilla flavor oil and other FOs that have a low vanilla content.

Because I want to soap today, I am wondering if I can infuse some vanilla beans in coconut oil over a low heat to create my own vanilla scent.

Is this a good idea or bad idea?

Also, I read somewhere that vanilla flavor is just a highly scented oil that has no flavor. Has anyone used flavor oil in CP soap?

Not sure about the flavor oil. I don't think that would work, as well as infusing the vanilla beans. I know several people who have tried that, and the scent never made it out of the saponification process. Not sure if it would work with HP or not, but I don't think that it would. Someone else might be able to help with this.

Not sure about the flavor oil. I don't think that would work, as well as infusing the vanilla beans. I know several people who have tried that, and the scent never made it out of the saponification process. Not sure if it would work with HP or not, but I don't think that it would. Someone else might be able to help with this.

Good enough form e. I'll wait until I can get a real FO.

THANKS!

:)

Latest posts

Back