diy COLLAPSABLE light box

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured it out!

1488143225976.jpg

Oh, wow, that is super cool, thanks for sharing! Photographing soap (or anything, really) is a thorn in my side but this looks like a great set-up for such ventures. It also looks like it would improve upon my current technique, which I like to call The Law of Large Numbers Photography. That is, I'll take a bagillion photos of one item in the hopes at least one of them is semi-decent.

Thanks!

I still have to edit them and boost thw contrast amd brightness but they are much better than before when I did that too. I can edit them on my phone now but before I used picmonkey which really helps if you haven't tried

That's actually pretty clever! I assume it would work just cutting up a cardboard box too?

That's actually pretty clever! I assume it would work just cutting up a cardboard box too?

Yes- I've done the cardboard box thing- just a regular brown shipping box rigged up with white tissue paper on the sides and top. For what it's worth, I used the directions found here to make mine: http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Inexpensive-Photography-Lightbox

Unfortunately, though, it accidentally got crushed. I stored it out in the garage, and either my hubby or son set some things on it and, poof, it was done in. :(

Lately, though, I've just been using the top of my stove in a pinch as my light box, with a black apron of all things as a backdrop. lol That's where most of my soap pics that I've been posting lately were taken.

I should mention that I don't sell, so pristine pic/background quality is not top priority for me. If it were, I would definitely do something more along the lines of what pametan has done and so graciously shared. Where things stand, though, I'm just happy if my soaps come out looking like how I see them in real life, which is more than I could ever ask for.

IrishLass :)

I've seen the card board ones with tissue paper. What I liked about this one is that you can take it apart and put it back together for storage. I would also likely ruin one of I couldn't. No room for that in my little condo

Latest posts

Back