DIY Bath & Body Sale on Etsy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for posting this! I just bought the lotion / cream book and it's exactly what I've been looking for.
You won't be disappointed. I've been having so much fun making sample batches (50 grams) of cream with different ingredients like botanical extracts and oils, for very specific purposes. It's so easy to make any size batch you want, any degree of thickness (from lotion to thick cream).

You won't be disappointed. I've been having so much fun making sample batches (50 grams) of cream with different ingredients like botanical extracts and oils, for very specific purposes. It's so easy to make any size batch you want, any degree of thickness (from lotion to thick cream).
I'm looking forward to being able to experiment with additives and consistency. I'm also inching ever closer to making shampoo and conditioner bars. I hope that buying the recipes has upped my level of commitment.

I'm looking forward to being able to experiment with additives and consistency. I'm also inching ever closer to making shampoo and conditioner bars. I hope that buying the recipes has upped my level of commitment.
Just today, I made 50 gms of the thick cream with rosehip oil, green tea extract, cucumber extract, and grapefruit e.o. I make the foot cream as found in the recipe booklet but add 1-2% menthol crystals.

I have a bunch of different extracts that I love to experiment with, both liquid and powders and love to add them to my products. I've made the shampoo bars as written and have added botanical extracts to customize it for my husband's dry itchy and flaky scalp. I've customized it for my fine, wavy hair.

Honestly, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

(Can you tell that I love their recipes??)

@Misschief can I ask you a few questions about the lotion base recipe?

1. I am not a fan of coconut oil for my body care products; it just doesn't agree with my skin or hair. She says that one can sub in RBO, sweet almond, avocado, etc., but my concern is that this would change the consistency of the product significantly. Have you tried subbing in any liquid oils for the CO, and if so, how did that turn out?

2. Which emulsifying waxes have you tried with this recipe? I only have Emulsifying Wax NF and am hoping that will work well.

3. Do you use the SB to mix in the preservative?

Thanks so much for your help and recommendations. I've loved all her other recipes so far, and I'm sure this one will be the same!

@Misschief can I ask you a few questions about the lotion base recipe?

1. I am not a fan of coconut oil for my body care products; it just doesn't agree with my skin or hair. She says that one can sub in RBO, sweet almond, avocado, etc., but my concern is that this would change the consistency of the product significantly. Have you tried subbing in any liquid oils for the CO, and if so, how did that turn out?

2. Which emulsifying waxes have you tried with this recipe? I only have Emulsifying Wax NF and am hoping that will work well.

3. Do you use the SB to mix in the preservative?

Thanks so much for your help and recommendations. I've loved all her other recipes so far, and I'm sure this one will be the same!

1. You can use any oil; it really doesn't change the consistency much at all.
2. I have the same as you.... EWax NF and it works just fine
3. Yes, I do..... usually. For smaller batches, I may simply use a whisk, as long as you can mix it in thoroughly.

Thank you, I so appreciate the help! I think the ability to make the base in advance is going to make all the difference for me.
It is so awesome! I can made some cream/lotion whenever I want to. I can make a batch for the market or I can make a jar or bottle for myself when I need to.

Back