Disturbing changes in U.S. policy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Canada, EU, US & I think China have been in talks about cosmetics and the regulations associated. I believe Canada and the EU have also been in Free Trade talks. I don't know how this is going to affect us but I am hoping we don't go as strict as the EU. Fingers crossed.

Making rules to govern people in the US while using places like China to justify what they're doing ( they refuse to use safe manufacturing practices for just about anything, I'm a beekeeper, we won't even get into their honey trade shenanigans) is only to help squash good competition here and to tax the hell out of us in the process. Safety has little if anything to do with it. We don't need more rules and laws and taxes and fines.

As for it being Republican or Democrat that's just ridiculous. They're ALL in bed with business, they do NOT work for us anymore, they work for their own selves, to keep their power and their money flow going. Continuing to think one side is any better than the other is futile. It's an incestuous relationship we're dealing with here. Government and big business.

Government is business. On the one side of the aisle you (generally speaking) have a party who funds their greed with business and often caters to big business. On the other you have a party which caters to the poor with (false) promises that the money robbed from the rich will be given to them.

The only way to benefit day to day from the government is to be a part. As much as I like to make fun of it, I'd **** sure tale an SES job.

Now, I may have misworded...I agree 100% neither party is innocent. In fact, both parties, imo, have disappointed the majority of Americans and most of us can no longer fully identify with the main parties anymore for they've become so disconnected from real people.

I was just trying to say this organization of hers looks like it's truly trying to get support to take it to the lawmakers and try to make positive changes for small businesses. I was also trying to point out the lawmakers that introduced these proposals are dem led, and with the current congress and most likely repubs not supporting it, we should be ok (regarding the proposed bill).
That, and I thought getting involved in your local area and with your hired leaders may prove effective in voting no, if this ever comes to pass, instead of trying to work along side Diane Feinstein, especially since I'd assume she's probably in support of these or other regulations on this type of issue

Government SHOULD NOT be business. I am very involved in local business and politics. Always have been. I hope she is doing this for the good of small business. But these days R and D means absolutely nothing, and there is no longer a party that's for the people they're supposed to represent. They make you 'feel' like they are, but they aren't. Truly. Obviously elections mean nothing anymore. Until the people rise up and refuse to comply this will not change. Mind you I'm no hippie radical (although I was one back in the day). I'm a retired business manager - when I was in corporate business was still that, business, not cronyism. Well, not quite.

I LOVE what she's doing as FDA has no business with hygiene items--its NOT food, its NOT a drug & it DOESN'T need an administrator !

Once the FDA gets its hooks into something-nightmares start for the little people.
Rumors of natural items being bad, hurting or killing run rampant via mainstream media etc etc.

The FDA has made into LAW-that ONLY something that can be patented can be a treatment or a cure.
So even though citrus/vitamin C DOES & IS both the treatment and cure for scurvy-even if I had a valid M.D. licence-I could go to prison for spouting that in public, in a book or infomercial.

It's crap on their part but its true-sign up & stop them !

They've (FDA) been found guilty of conspiracy to drive different branches of medical professionals out of business, schools & the country (USA) !

Do some digging on them - they are horrible to small businesses - they've even killed people - its all on Google for anyone to look up.

I'm not trying to bad mouth them - these are FACTS. Dig beyond the surface-go to the GOVERNMENT documents listed and read them via internet via library of congress etc. But go about 5-10 pages deep on Google 1st to bypass a lot of b.s.

Latest posts

Back