Distilled water uk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not from the UK, but I understand many people in the UK use demineralized or reverse osmosis water. Either one is acceptable ... and often cheaper and easier to find in the UK than distilled.

I've not found distilled water at a sensible price here. I use deionised water from the supermarket, usually in the car section.

As I understand, it's very similar to distilled water, but uses a different process to remove the minerals etc.

Deionized and distilled water aren't exactly the same. Distilled is the "gold standard" for removing certain types of impurities in water, but it's energy intensive. Water that has been treated with a high quality deionization / demineralization / reverse osmosis treatment is a perfectly acceptable alternative and is more energy efficient.

Deionized and distilled water aren't exactly the same. Distilled is the "gold standard" for removing certain types of impurities in water, but it's energy intensive. Water that has been treated with a high quality deionization / demineralization / reverse osmosis treatment is a perfectly acceptable alternative and is more energy efficient.
Good to know. Thank you for this answer.

Latest posts

Back