Distilled Water/Aloe Vera Powder Proportions

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

J-Soaper

Reaction score
What proportions do you use for adding Aloe Vera Powder to your soap? I was thinking 50:1 grams of Distilled Water to grams Aloe Vera Powder.

Do you have experience with this? What proportions do you use?

A

amd

I believe it depends on the strength of your aloe vera powder, but don't quote me on that as I haven't worked with powder.

ETA: to clarify... if you have 100x powder you would reconstitute with 1 part powder to 99 parts water. I think there are various strengths, maybe 50x or 300x (??) but your supplier should know what the strength is if it's not labeled.

Reaction score
Yes mine is 200x - so I mix 10g powder with two litres of water.
I was just thinking about this last night though and had a bit of an epiphany. I like to use ice cubes in my lye water to help it stay cool. So I thought I would make up 10g powder with just 1 litre of water. Then freeze it into 150g baggies (as a 1:1 concentrate). So when I want to make my lye solution (which is 300g water for my standard recipe size) , I add one frozen aloe bag, and 150g distilled water from the fridge. Thank you for prompting me to put this into words - it shall be my mission for this afternoon to get this done.

J-Soaper

Reaction score
Yes mine is 200x - so I mix 10g powder with two litres of water.
I was just thinking about this last night though and had a bit of an epiphany. I like to use ice cubes in my lye water to help it stay cool. So I thought I would make up 10g powder with just 1 litre of water. Then freeze it into 150g baggies (as a 1:1 concentrate). So when I want to make my lye solution (which is 300g water for my standard recipe size) , I add one frozen aloe bag, and 150g distilled water from the fridge. Thank you for prompting me to put this into words - it shall be my mission for this afternoon to get this done.

I believe it depends on the strength of your aloe vera powder, but don't quote me on that as I haven't worked with powder.

ETA: to clarify... if you have 100x powder you would reconstitute with 1 part powder to 99 parts water. I think there are various strengths, maybe 50x or 300x (??) but your supplier should know what the strength is if it's not labeled.

Thanks to both of you. I truly appreciate it.