Dissolvability

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmileyPotato

Reaction score
Hi I have a question about soapcalc.net, which soap quality(hardness, cleansing, conditioning, bubbly, creamy, iodine, INS) determines dissolvability ? I want to make a soap that dissolves very fast. If anyone has any suggestions on which oils to use, that would also be very helpful. Thanks so much!

Coconut oil makes the most soluble soap. It makes very hard soap, but dissolves very fast.

I don't use that calc... I use this one, which shows you longevity. The lower the longevity, the faster your soap will finish

Subtract your cleansing number from the hardness number. The lower the number you end up with the higher the solubility. I like my number to be around 32-35, which gives me a decent lasting soap. So you would want lower. Can I ask why you want a highly soluble soap? A 100% CO will give that to you.

I also agree about coconut oil going fast.

100% coconut oil with 20% SF and 50-100% salt last about a week for me. Would probably only last a few days if I used a poof or wash cloth.

Back