Disposing lye

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm new to soapmaking and have been trying to make raw goat milk soap. A while back I ordered the wrong lye (potassium hydroxide) instead of the one that works goat milk soap.
I am not really interested in using it for liquid soap... does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get rid of it or send it to someone who wants it?

Thanks!
Dani

You can use it in various bar soap recipes too. We've recently had threads on incorporating a small portion of potassium hydroxide into Castile recipes to make them less slimy. Also, it is used in Shaving recipes. If neither of those sound interesting, I'm sure someone in your area would be glad to have it.

I'm located in Hillsboro Oregon. But I can send it through the mail if you/someone covers shipping. It's about 3/4 full of potassium hydroxide flakes. Also, over time, I think some lye particles landed on the label so it's almost illegible but I swear it's potassium hydroxide. Please let me know if anyone wants it!

Thanks!
Dani

Latest posts

Back