Displaying Melt & Pour in Public

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
packaging soap

I have found the most cost efficient way to go is to use plastic wrap...it sticks to itself and then I use the regular white address labels and add colors to the labels for my soaps. That way people can see what they want and they can smell through the plastic.

I don't do too many shows..but I know people like to both see and smell. My soaps are wrapped very tightly by strech wrap...so they are very easy to see. I took a small, silicone mold (for brownie bites) and poured a small sample of each of the fragrances currently featured into the wells. They can handle them all they want, get a good whiff and I'm not compromising the cleanliness of my sale soaps.
This is what I do for most of our mp. Our cupcakes are boxed in clear boxes so I do have a sample of each cupcake out. The brownie bite molds do make great fo samples

I personally would NOT buy a soap that someone's germy hands were all over! :Kitten Love: So if I saw one unwrapped I would probably pass. I would appreciate a sample out but then I am a germ phob and can not even eat the samples that are out at a grocery store- they alone disgust me so I prob would not touch the sample display either. I would want to make sure I could get a whiff of the scent and that it was not offensive or messed with me but other than that I buy soap to clean me not cover up odor...I'm the odd one its cool. :wave:

omigod, i did a demo today at a local health food store (cp, not m&p), with unwrapped soap ball samples neatly labeled SOAP! SOAP! i had a lemon poppyseed sample, and stupidly had them in cupcake papers. don't eat them! i said to everyone looking at them. well, two women saw what they wanted to see regardless -- little bites of lemon poppyseed cake, and to my horror bit into them. you should have seen the look on their faces, and they both thought it hilarious, but i didn't. AM I GLAD I HAVE INSURANCE!

:shock: OMG ha that is freakin hilarious!!! :p You should of been like what they don't taste good, you no like?! LOL

Back