Dispensing Tube Filling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
Do you think a dispensing tube can be filled with a soft whipped product by syringe?

Can you post a pic of the dispensing tube?

I think it could probably work, if you get a BIG syringe, like the kind used for horses. You can order those from horse supply and vet supply catalogs.

Not sure how wide the opening is. I think its really a matter of the syringes like the kind sold at Lotioncrafter being able to suck up the product.

I ordered syringes from Lotioncrafter, same place I get my tubes from. They're 12 cc capacity. For the small tubes, it's just one fill of the syringe. They work GREAT~ they're an add on option for $1.65. I still have to alcohol the tubes before I label, and I also alcohol the very tops where the screw tops go on.

As DeeAnna said, a piping bag with a fitted tip will work better for that application than a syringe will. I use a bottle similar to that, and for small batches I use a piping bag, but for my big batches, I use my lotion filling machine.

As DeeAnna said, a piping bag with a fitted tip will work better for that application than a syringe will. I use a bottle similar to that, and for small batches I use a piping bag, but for my big batches, I use my lotion filling machine.
Can I ask where you purchased your lotion filling machine? The one I had had to be sent back due to some parts rusting after first use

Can I ask where you purchased your lotion filling machine? The one I had had to be sent back due to some parts rusting after first use
I believe ebay or maybe amazon? and it came from China. However, it's HUGE, was free shipping and only took about a week to get to me. I have not had any problems with it at all.
I think you asked me once before, and I was going to look up my invoice and forgot.
I will try to remember (but no promises, I did write myself a note) to look it up when I get home and let you know this weekend.

I may have asked before. Mine came from Amazon. It was a bummer that some of the parts rusted after first use because it sure made filling bottles easy. As of yet I have not tried replacing it
I looked and I can't find the invoice. I'm sure I have it, I just don't know where it is, however, I do have a pic of mine. Does it look like yours?
IMG_0007.JPG

In addition to using a ZipLoc bag, I saved a bunch of cardboard tubes from toilet paper when they were empty; cut them in half and they held the tube upright so I could have both hands free for filling. ;)

Latest posts

Back