dishwasher/laundry soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcleodnaturals

Reaction score
Hello there...

I am looking for a good (not too foamy) recipe that I can use in my dishwasher and/or my washing machine. When I last made HP soap, I just tossed my scraped-clean crock pot into the dishwasher and my dishes were the cleanest they have ever been (we have very hard well water and there were NO water spots!! hurray!!) Of course, that recipe was a 'pampering' body soap that had every expensive oil in it that you can imagine...not really what I want to be washing dishes with!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks!
Kelly

to make dishwasher soap you can use equal parts borax and baking soda.

But what i prefer is to mix
1 part baking soda
1 part borax
1 part cascade dishwasher detergent.

and use as you would any powder dishwasher detergent.

I wouldn't use a handmade soap in the dishwasher quite personally due to the suds factor. That is the last thing i need is a huge mess to clean up.

if you google handmade laundry soap you will find many recipes, most are pretty much the same recipe. A bar of soap, washing soda and borax and lots of water.

I personally didn't like it, because you needed to shake it to mix before using because it separates.

So i set out to create my own liquid laundry soap which i'm much happier with and it cleans beyond belief. (tested on really greasy clothes with lots of ground in dirt. (my dad's clohtes that he wore farming and ripping apart a combine engine to overhaul it.) But i'm sorry i'm not sharing that recipe because it took me a lot of research and trial and error to create it. But it has the consistency of shampoo. Doesn't foam so it's appropriate for the newer washer that are new and needs low suds soaps and front loading ones. I'm going to be marketing it to sell soon.... *smiles*

so it is possible, just think outside the box.

good luck.

Faithy, that sounds great! Are you adding anything to your laundry soap to help deal with the soap scum issue? I have yet to find anything that isnt an issue for me as I live in a hard water area.

Back