discounted water way too much

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bountifulsoaps

Reaction score
I've made soap every day this last week and today I could kick myself. I knew the recipe by heart so did it all but 1/2 the water BY MISTAKE. The lye seemed mixed and brought down to 100 degrees. Didn't realize what an idiot I was until it seized big time. I lumped it into the log mold. My question is do you think it will be any good. Savageable:-?

Welcome, Bountifulsoaps! :)

It sounds like you got all the ingredients correct except for the water amount? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. Your soap may end up rustic-looking because of the fast trace, but it should be fine as long as you had the correct amount of lye to saponify the oils.

Given enough time, soap can be pretty forgiving. I never throw a weird batch of soap away until it has had time enough to cure.

IrishLass :)

bountiful soaps, as you are new, would you like to go to the Introduction Section and tell us a bit about yourself.

It looks fine today. Actually looks like it is ready to cut but will not yet. I am not new but a little dumb sometimes. I've been making soap everyday for a store I sell in and after yesterday, I will focus a little more on what I am doing. It will have to have a new name like something rustic. These eos were cajiput, sage, geranium and lemon. Trying a soap for men!

Back