Discoloration sadz

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Got Birthday Cake FO from Community Candle. Smells awesome OOB. I was so excited by the 0% vanillin content list on their website.

Sooo bummed.

Also, the scent seems to have really morphed. I'm hoping it will bounce back.

bdaycake1.JPG

bdaycake2.JPG

What a bummer. I had one do that from somewhere and used really pretty colors like you did and had the same dang thing happen. Hope the scent comes through for you.

Even if it does...I was really hoping for a good scent for a kid soap. I just don't think a kid is going to want a birthday cake soap that is that dark brown, even if it smells awesome. I might try it again in HP. I've had some FOs that should discolor - coconut, peppermint cocoa - stay a sort of light brown color with HP.

Wow Dixie - that 0% vanillin sure was powerful! That was quite a colorful swirl you had too! Hope the scent does bounce back for you.

Yeah, I'm super bummed about the swirl. I really wanted it to look like a homemade birthday cake with globs of colorful icing on top, and I was really pleased with the outcome. *sigh*

I may include a bar of it in in the swap I'm doing as the "booby prize" for the swap box that arrives last!

Real bummer:(. That was such a nice soap before the discoloration monster did its damage. There are so many nice FOs that end up unusable because of discoloration.

Wow. Did you check the company reviews? I would be having a phone call with them - if nothing else to see if they have troubleshooting advice. Is the FO made for CP? I only ask because the company you listed seems to be more focused on candles. Not all fragrances are CP safe.

Back