Dirt Roots

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I didn’t know that was a thing.

I think those would be too thick/stiff, and not an ideal shape. The amazon padding air bags are shaped almost exactly like the bottle. If you can think of any other repurposed disposable bags, preferably kind of thin, please let me know. I’m trying to come up with something. 💖
Well, my new batch of “wide mouth” 16 oz squeeze bottles just came and they’re not nearly as wide a mouth as the ones I had.
However, I just did another pull through using a variety of bags, including a cut produce bag, and some ziplocks, and they worked ok. The new bottles are taller than the ones I’ve been using (and not as wide, sadly) so I ordered 100 shrink wrap bags that were 5x10”. Hopefully that works as well. I’m hoping to have enough gear soon to do a double batch!
Thanks so much for all your interest and assistance. This forum is the best! I’ll keep you posted on how it works if you want.
What about small dog poo bags? Sounds gross and I don’t know if they have sizes...?

On a roll with the pull throughs! Naming this one “Dirt Roots”. Colored with purple, pink, and red Brazilian clay, indigo, and activated charcoal. Scented with EO of cedar, fir, frankincense, and rosemary. These made me smile so hard! Continuing to streamline my system to reduce waste.
Beautiful! ♥
These make me want to break out my pull through tools and cylinder mold. I’ve yet to try them out! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Last edited:
Baby bottle liners should be about the right size, and you can find them anywhere that sells baby formula or online. Walmart sells some online -- 50 for $8.00, around $0.16 each.

Baby bottle liners should be about the right size, and you can find them anywhere that sells baby formula or online. Walmart sells some online -- 50 for $8.00, around $0.16 each.
Was just gonna mention those lol

I've said it on Instagram but lemme repeat lol.. These are just absolutely amazing. I agree with @KiwiMoose

I agree with the others, these are absolutely gorgeous!💓 :nodding: You have definitely perfected the technique!!!

Makes me want to try some, but I have never been overly find of round soaps to use... Can't hold on to the silly things in the shower!!!

Latest posts

Back