Dinner Tonight

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax Munky

Reaction score
BBQ Chicken,Oven Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

BBQ Chicken
Prep time,not a whole lot :)
Cook time..? depends on me ..

Prepare chicken,I used 2 wholes cut up,cleaned then soaked in a bowl of cold water.When ready drain then cook on the grill until the chicken is done about 40 minutes,or until the juices run clear.
Add your favorite bbq sauce.Remove it from the grill.

Rosemary Potatoes
Takes about 2hrs 40 min,from start to finish

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

8 medium sized red potatoes,washed
1 clove of fresh garlic chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped,dried is fine to
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup of olive oil
Medium sized baking dish

Boil the cleaned potatoes 30 to 40 minutes,NOT to over cook them,check often.remove when they are almost done. Drain let them cool.

In a small bowl add the olive oil,garlic,rosemary,salt and pepper.whisk it throughly.set aside.

When the potatoes are cool enough cut them into quarters,place in a baking dish.Add the oil and seasonings,gently toss to coat,a rubber spatula helps to keep the potatoes from breaking.

Marinate the potatoes for about an hour It's not the law,but does add more flavor. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hr or.until the potatoes are fork tender,slightly toasted golden brown.

Remove from the oven let rest for 10 minutes.
Serves 4

Enjoy!

Munky.

Hi Munky,

Sounds absolutly DEEEEEELISH except for the rosemary (EEEEEWWW!!) :? Rather like munching on pine needles from my point of view, :roll: but that's just me...... If there are any other rosemary haters out there, try tarragon or sage as a sub. Haven't tried sage with potatos, but is a wonderful sub with meats such as pork and of course, chicken 8) .

Otherwise, sounds like one impressively yummy dinn............ 8)

tootles,

Della :)

thats a great recipe :)... I love potatoes, especially since theyre cheap and being on a budget i can make alot of food for a little money! :)

now a question for you...do you make your own bbq sauce?!?!? I want to learn to do that so bad!

IanT said:
thats a great recipe :)... I love potatoes, especially since theyre cheap and being on a budget i can make alot of food for a little money! :)

now a question for you...do you make your own bbq sauce?!?!? I want to learn to do that so bad!

Most of what I make is from scratch, (Serious Cook) I do make my own sauce.
It's perfect for Pork/Beef Ribs and Chicken,and Hams.It actually tenderizes the meat as it cooks,adding a nice caramelized glaze,that actually doesn't run off the meat. Whoa~ 8)

Munky's Bbq Sauce

1 large bottle Heinz Ketchup
2 cloves of garlic
Or 1Tablespoon Garlic powder
1/4 cup Sweet white onion minced
Or 1 Tablespoon Onion powder
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Seasoning salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (The 4 peppers)
3 teaspoons of Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce
1/2 to 3/4 cup of Dark brown sugar

In a large bowl add the ketchup,spices,mix well.
Then add mustard,kitchen bouquet mix well
Add the brown sugar

Cover and leave it at room temperature until ready to use.

Store left over in a tight sealing container in the fridge for up to 1 week.

Other variants could include

Crushed Pineapple
Lemon juice
Cajun spices
Endless possibilities,it's fun to experiment around.
My kids love Bbq baked beans with chopped green onions with that sauce

Enjoy!

Munky.

mmmmmmmmmmmm

I cook everything myself tooo..reaaal serious into that :)

always getting new recipes and trying them...

Oh My! Munky you are in Cali... I haven't eattin for almost three days (tooth problems...) This post seriously had me drooling!

Do you have any left overs? I will walk to your house to eat... You can even just leave a plate outside... :lol:

Lane said:
Oh My! Munky you are in Cali... I haven't eattin for almost three days (tooth problems...) This post seriously had me drooling!

Do you have any left overs? I will walk to your house to eat... You can even just leave a plate outside... :lol:

I now have that tune "California dreamin".. running through my mind..*shudders* But yeah Cali born and raised,what can I say but, like gnarly.. :)

Left over's.. In my house..with teenagers?.... I can only dream :roll:

Come on over I'll feed ya and make sure you eat.My boys are a little stabby with a fork..LOL! AMINALS :shock: :shock:

Get better,soft foods for you for a few days.. Get plenty of rest you're needed ya know :)

Munky.

jello , ice cream, pudding, protein shakes (not too many....trust me..please. lol)... soup....mmmmmm

IanT said:
jello , ice cream, pudding, protein shakes (not too many....trust me..please. lol)... soup....mmmmmm
I think I'll fight the boys with forks for what Munky made... :lol:

I have to eat everything at room temp and I HATE that...

I am saving this recipe! I e-mailed it to my Mom and she wants to try it too...

Lane said:
IanT said:
I think I'll fight the boys with forks for what Munky made... :lol:

I have to eat everything at room temp and I HATE that...

I am saving this recipe! I e-mailed it to my Mom and she wants to try it too...

Thank ya's.Glad to see your up and around a bit

Hope it turns out well for her.

Munky. 8)

Back