Diluting LS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
So I've got a couple of foamer bottles with LS soap in them and I've been giving them to my testers. Everyone loves the formulation but I wonder if I've diluted too much. A foamy ribbon comes out of the bottle not this clump of foam. And what works most for me is that 1 squirt cleans your hands rather well.
What everyone notices is with all my homemade soaps is that there's no residue.
I'm wondering whether my testers aren't geared mentally towards their store bought foaming soap with all the chemicals in it or whether I shouldn't have diluted it so much. I just diluted 2 containers substantially different and I'm not seeing a big difference in the foaminess once dispensed. I'm all ears guys and gals!

I wish I had an answer for you, but I've never used foamer bottles with mine. I love my regular pump bottles too much. Call me a weird soap nerd, but it's a huge thrill for me to be able to feel the honey-thick oomphiness of my soap at its regular dilution strength. lol

Hopefully others will chime in soon. I think Susie uses foamer bottles with hers.

IrishLass :)

No residue? Like their hands are clean for once? :) My thought on Organic vs synthetic soaps is this: We may have been programmed through marketing,commercials, and the detergent based soaps we grew up with on what clean is supposed to look like...

I use my liquid soaps in foamers without much issue. In my experience, organic home soaps like to clog up the foamer after a while or if not used in a week or two,,, I have had no choice but to dilute around 20% or less - I just can't get less water in... I'm going to try using a glycerin base instead of water just as soon as it arrives, which makes a thicker soap.

Back