Diluting absolutes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience diluting (oil based) absolutes?

I have one that I would like to dilute in an oil of some sort, to leave in a room (unwarmed) for scent.

The oil would need to have next to no scent itself, and preferably be skin safe (just in case). Any suggestions?

I don’t deal with absolutes (ha!) but would fractionated coconut oil work? It’s often used for perfumes and I’m guessing something like jojoba would be pricier than you’d want leaving around. Maybe sweet almond if the prices are comparable.

Thanks BattleGnome ... jojoba seems to smell a bit too strong (I don't mind it, but I'm told the smell is noticeable) ... fractionated coconut oil might work (does that have a coconut smell?).

Sweet Almond ... ok, I could try that, although I think that might have a nutty aroma ...

This is trickier than I thought!

It wouldn't dissolve in water, true, but it would dissipate, might be the word? I think EOs generally do separate out of carrier oils. But I'm not sure about absolutes.

Back