Difficulty Navigating IFRA website.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikvahnrose

Reaction score
I am trying to find the usage rates of certain essential oils like Lime or Cinnamon.

I dont know how to find the list of essential oils and it's maximum usage rate, and if i do find something, it only shows for M.U.R for leave on products

I'd use the Brambleberry for calculator myself. They have a bunch of eos in the app and for the most part eos are eos.

About .12 to .16 Oz per pound of oils for cinnamon.

Lime is about .5 Oz per pound of oils

Last edited:
I have used bramble berry, but I ultimately would like to make master batch blends of maybe 3 essential oils so I don't have to keep individually weighing out the oils. So to do this I would love to know the maximum usage rate of each essential oil.

Every link I click on Ifra org either doesn't work or isn't what I'm looking for. Does someone have the hyperlink that has that list?

Them I recommend contacting your supplier and asking for the MSDS or IFRA information on their oils. They should be able to supply it for you. You'll have to do the math for the usage percentage for your master blend.

I have used bramble berry, but I ultimately would like to make master batch blends of maybe 3 essential oils so I don't have to keep individually weighing out the oils. So to do this I would love to know the maximum usage rate of each essential oil.

Every link I click on Ifra org either doesn't work or isn't what I'm looking for. Does someone have the hyperlink that has that list?

But that is it, Brableberry DOES give you the maximum usage rate, if they have the EO is question. It is the 'strong' amount they give you.

That is the maximum amount of that EO you want in whatever amount of soap you plugged in.

But Shunt is right, you should get the MSDS or IFRA from your supplier. If they won't or can't give it to you, you should not use their product.

Back