Different Type of Honey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachgurl

Reaction score
Okay ... well today I think that I'll try my first oatmeal, GM, and honey recipe (so any helpful recommendations on technique etc will be appreciated ). However, I have a question. The honey I have is raw and unstrained, about the consistency of peanut butter. Can I use this? I get it because one of my dogs has horrible allergies and it's one of the few natural type remedies that's ffective (because the honey still contains pollen, propolis, honeycomb, and live enzymes). Thanks everyone! :)

That's the same type of honey I use in my soap, too! It's also great in my tea. :)

When I make this kind of soap I either add my honey to my lye water (be prepared for a hissing volcano by using a tall lye pitcher), or else I add it to a reserved portion of my liquid amount in the form of goat milk. I warm the milk a little to melt the honey in then add the milk/honey either to my oils or at trace. I use baby oatmeal for my oat portion and just stickblend them right into my oils before adding the lye.

IrishLass :)

Well I just finished. I diluted some evaporated GM with oat milk. Then I added some yogurt at trace. I also put some oats in the food processor and ground them up and added them. In addition, for some aesthetic texture, I sprinkled the top with some of the oats. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the FO that I used. I was worried about its staying power because it had a low flashpoint, but OMG it smells wonderfully. I just got done forcing gel (didn't want to put it in the oven because I didn't know how that would go with milk and honey in the recipe, so I stuck a heating pad underneath it and insulated. It's now cooling off. I used some purple ultramarine and I was worried because the soap looked brown, but some of the stuff that I got on the edges that has already cooled is a very pale purple (just what I wanted). :D

Latest posts

Back