Differences in Soy Wax Brands

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purple

Reaction score
I've been making soy candles and melts for three years now for personal and reselling purposes. I've bought quite a few different waxes in this time and find there can be a big difference in price, quality and other characteristics of the waxes. My favorite is by Cargill, some of the worst weren't any brand I could tell. Anyone want to share their favorites?

I am new to this and I have only tried to waxes but I like Golden Brands 464

I have been wondering about this myself. I would love to hear everyone's preference.

The first soy wax I bought was much nicer smelling than the kind I am using now, but my present kind is LOTS less costly.

I'm using the plain Golden Soy Wax, now. It seems more crackly than the first kind, and if the wax at the outside of the container doesn't burn it takes on a sort of dried out look.

Because I heat with candles I don't melt all of the soy to make my candles. Rather, I put a wick in a votive and place that at the bottom of my jar, then crush up the soy flakes a bit and surround the wick with the soy. It works really well, except it may burn a little less long because of how much air there is in the mix, rather than being solid wax.

It looks like I burn about a hundred pounds a month. more or less.

Very interested in this info too. I have bought some soy from a candle shop here local and the different types ,as far as votive, pilar, container, tart-- i get-but the for each of those catagories there are two or three aor more types of wax-- whats the difference? Are they the same from supplier to supplier?

I like Golden something forgot the name and the soy from WSP its great and mixes terrific with my parafin since I make para soy melts. I think its called CB advanced?

My favorite brand of Soy

I have used and recommended Enchanted Lites Soy wax for about 10 years.

I have never considered changing, in the past 8 years the manufacturer there quality control has never been questioned that I aware of.

Re: My favorite brand of Soy

spiritualcelt said:
I have used and recommended Enchanted Lites Soy wax for about 10 years.

I have never considered changing, in the past 8 years the manufacturer there quality control has never been questioned that I aware of.

So where do you buy Enchanted Lites Soy?

Enchanted Lites Distributors in US and Canada

According to Enchanted Lites web site these are their current distributors in the US and Canada. Hope this helps.

Candle Soylutions
www.candlesoylutions.com
Located in Eugene, Oregon

Moon Glow Candles
www.moonglowcandles.net
Located in Spearfish, South Dakota

Soy and Scent Candle Supply
www.soyandscent.com
Located in Muskogee, Oklahoma

Island Soap & Candle Company
www.islandsoapcandleco.com
Located in Holden Beach, North Carolina

Drew Candle Company
www.drewcandle.com
Located in Rochester, New York

J and L Creations
www.jandlcreations.com
Located in Harbor Beach, Michigan

West Coast Candles
www.westcoastcandle.net
Located in Ceres, CA

Florida Soy Solutions
www.floridasoysolutions.com
Located in Sanford, Florida

www.thecandlehutch.com
Located in Galesburg, Illinois

WAX ONLY
Waxhouse/Scentmasters
www.waxhouse.com
Located in Cold Spring, Minnesota

WAX ONLY
Tri-State Candle Making Supplies
www.tristatecandlesupply.com
Located in St. Albans, West Virginia

WAX ONLY
Candle Cocoon Candles
www.candlecocoon.com
Located in Madison, Wisconsin

Village Craft and Candle
www.villagecraftandcandle.com
Located in St. Marys, Ontario, Canada

Granville Island Candle Company
www.granvilleislandcandles.com
Located in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

thanks for all the info. I'll check them out. Still in trial and error mode-- I'm either smells great cold nothing hot or not smell cold and strong hot stage---still looking for some sort of happy medium

Candle Cacoon

I checked all of the sites listed...and so far I liked Candle Cacoon's prices the most. They seem to be the cheapest for the one pour soy blend wax.

The only complaint I see that might occur, is that you can't find out the "exact" shipping cost of your order online, immediately (without having to contact the seller 1st).

But that is also something I have had to do with my etsy site for my products.

Erin Marie

I understand shopping cart frustration.

Candle Cocoon charges actual shipping while the cart is working with approximations. You may also request least expense way of shipping in the notation section.

Have a creative time!

Re: Erin Marie

spiritualcelt said:
I understand shopping cart frustration.

Candle Cocoon charges actual shipping while the cart is working with approximations. You may also request least expense way of shipping in the notation section.

Have a creative time!

Right. That's what i was trying to say. You explained it better.
I think most are accustom to the big companies who have all the bells and wistles to their online stores. It's not so easy for us SBOs. ;)

But considering the wax is so much cheaper...I'll easily overlook that one little inconvenience to save some money! :)

There seems to be a wide variety of options over there compared to what we have here.

Choices of wax

We are fortunate to have a wide variety of waxes in the US. I know we ship to a number of foreign countries, folks are always surprised pleasantly surprised at the differences between our waxes, fragrance oils and dyes.

Back