Differences in salt soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ale

Reaction score
Hello,
looking in the forum I found loads of threads about salt in soap, whether it is used for Salt Bars, Soleseife (Brine Bars?) or simply as an additive, both in solid and brine form.
So, what I'd like to know is what are the pros and cons of each product? How and why do you choose to make Salt Bars instead of Soleseife or viceversa? Or why add a bit of salt/brine without formulate a salt-based recipe?
I know one of the first reason for trying a new recipe is experimenting and have fun with new ingredients or methods, what I mean is what do you expect from each type of salt-based soapsand what are the differences in terms of final products and in the processes.
Thanks as always

As a additive, it hardens the soap some.

Brine soaps, these I don't understand either. I've made them and wasn't impressed. Not as lathery as a regular salt bar but seems lacking compared to my regular soap.

I however, am a huge fan of salt bars. Not only do they have incredible lather but they sooth my skin and make me feel cleaner.

You really need to make a batch of each and see which you prefer or if you even like them at all

Thanks Obsidian, I'd like to try salt-based soap but I don't know from which type to start. I'll wait for further replies if they'll come and then try what inspires me more

Latest posts

Back