Difference between Dettol soap and natural soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Chloroxylenol makes up 4.8% of the "admixture", with pine oil, isopropanol, castor oil, soap and water making up the bulk of the bar. I just googled "dettol soap recipe". I don't know how they incorporate these ingredients into the soap, however. I'm not sure what an admixture is in relation to soap or how it would get incorparated into it. I think admixtures in soap would be superfats, essential oils, additives like clay... I'm really not sure. Hopefully someone more experienced than me can chime in. Cheers.

If you've found something that works well for you and that you love, it is usually way less expensive to keep buying it than to go through the trial and error of duplication. Especially for items with many ingredients with unknown quantities. If you're hankering to lose money and and are flexible on things like fragrance, texture, or color, you can look up all of the ingredients. Figure out how much money it would be for you to buy them, if there are any special considerations of any of them such as toxic, combustible, or caustic, or if special equipment is required. Then decide if you want to spend the time and money on duplication.

Latest posts

Back